I got lucky at Academy this morning!

rugerla1

Stopped in to see if ammo had came in but it had not. But they had 3 boxes of 7.62x51 at $19.99 per box so I got one. Went back to the gun counter and they received a truck but hadn't opened anything. So I hung out for about 30 minutes while he went through them to see if they had any Ruger 10-22's. I've been wanting one for my daughter and always miss the shipments. Sure enough!!! $199 with wood stock, which is what she wanted. Can't wait to surprise her tonight!!
  • Like 8

Looks like things might be loosening up somewhat.  I walked in to a Walmart in Dover, Delaware yesterday and their ammo shelves were bare as usual.  Both of their long gun carousels were full.  Most I have seen anywhere in a long time.  Walked out with a stainless Ruger 10-22 for $254 OTD. No sales tax and no background check fee.  No, I don't want to live here; we just visit on business a couple of times a year. Looks like things might be loosening up somewhat.

I managed to grab a stainless 10/22 takedown from Whittaker's for $295 last week:)

I've been waiting on the special edition takedown that has the threaded barrel.  Haven't been able to find one yet :(  I did see that Whittakers post though.  They had something like 60 or 80 takedowns!  That's just nuts! 

• Like 1

Walmart in Johnson City had several AR's and a MP15-22 in stock earlier today.  The trend is starting turn it seems.  I honestly hope the people who bought these things up for resale get stuck with them...

They will need to pay that credit card payment soon, I will not be helping them pay it.
  • Like 1
Well, just wanted y'all to know. I sat her down on the couch last night and told her how proud I was of her for making honor roll all year and got her a surprise. She covered her eyes as I put the box on her lap. When she opened the box her jaw dropped and eyes got huge and a huge grin followed :) She pulled it out, looked inside the action, finger above the trigger(So proud I didn't have to remind her!) and aimed toward the ceiling checking out the view down the sights. I told her if she takes care of it, she will be able to pass it on to her kids. Proud moment for me as a father!
  • Like 5

So besides Ruger factory mags, what are good quality mags I can get(when in stock, I know)? I see Butler Creek a lot, any others to look for or to avoid?

Do yourself a favor, just try to find a few Ruger brand round (square) 10-round magazine, and pick up a Alangator TriMag. Better and more dependable than any other 10/22 magazine on the market.

Do yourself a favor, just try to find a few Ruger brand round (square) 10-round magazine, and pick up a Alangator TriMag. Better and more dependable than any other 10/22 magazine on the market.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I planned on getting a couple extra Ruger 10 rounders regardless, but didn't know if anything else came close.