Who's fishing this weekend?

Guest USMC 2013

Guest USMC 2013

Who is planning on going fishing this weekend?  Where and for what species?  It looks like I'll be at Cross Creeks again crappie fishing.  I want to hear some good fish stories next Monday so post something now and post the brags and pictures next Monday.  Good luck and tight lines,

Joe

Joe, I'm fished out for a day or two. I would love to go though.

This 7 lb LMB Was taken on South Cross Creeks the same day you were crappie fishing a couple of weeks ago.

2fc51dee-1289-4944-a5f2-692ad04223cc_zps

Me and my Son picked these Bass up on South Cross Creeks Tuesday of this week. All of them are 16 to 18 inch fish!

davepics037_zpsabe19e6b.jpg

My fish from Yesterday, taken on South Cross Creeks...3 - 6 pound fish.

a664d30f-983c-41dc-8d77-8023b588bd06_zps

Will be heading out again soon....

Thank God for such great wonders!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

Dave, impressive catch.  What have you been catching them on?

Hand tied bass flies and Super Flukes. I developed/designed/tied a Bass Fly called "Meyham Shad". I think right now anything would work. A spinnerbait threw to the bushes would most likely devastate the bass population! A shad (white/gray) colored super fluke fished weightless in the bushes and flowers will put them on your table!

I don't want to talk about Mayhem Shad too much as I don't have a "Vender Status" with TGO. When my Patten info gets back...it's game on!!

Dave S

Guest USMC 2013

Crappie fishing was a bust again.  I need a friggin boat!  I was able to salvage the day though, after a couple moves around Cross Creeks I was able to find a bed of bluegills.  The kids put 19 fish into the cooler before we ran out of worms.

A little early I thought to find bedding gills, but I wasn't arguing!  I had hoped to hammer some crappie this spring but have been striking out.  One more weekend before I switch my main intentions to filling the cooler with catfish fillets.

Joe