Remi 700 AAC-SD build

ToXIc

The Millett LRS scopes are pretty decent scopes (but its a different price point) the TRS is notorious for issues. I had the TRS on a 22-250 in ATACS it would have been fine if you never touched the turrets.... I sent it back to Millet and about 4 months later my son got a new scope for his airsoft rifle.

really thats kinda discouraging.. i've been reading and looking at videos since supafly posted.. swfa has a 110% price match and NSS has it for $249.99 so i did the price match i guess i'll try it since it will be less than 250 and see what happens..

thanks for the warning tho..

There are good and bad in everything I guess. For what it's worth it's a very clear scope for the price. I have looked through the primary arms and have a friend with one on a 7mm STW it has stood up on it very well and it's not exactly light recoil.... It's a lot of scope for the money.

Natchez also has a LRS 6-25 Millett that's a pretty big step up from the TRS for $389 its only knock is its huge but it has 140moa adjustment.

Good luck with you AAC you should love yours. Mine has been a great rifle (mine has a bell and Carlson medallist tactical with hook which is an awesome stock). Save money for a trigger the xmark pro trigger is hideous.
How are you getting Natchezz to sell to you? They won't sell to me and say they won't to Amy TN resident.

The Primary Arms will be my next mildot. Well that or the BSA MRAD. I have heard the MRAD isn't your normal BSA from a lot of people. I like the MRAD because it has a lot of holdovers on the reticle.

How are you getting Natchezz to sell to you? They won't sell to me and say they won't to Amy TN resident.

The beautiful thing about NE Tn is its proximity to SW VA and the relatives :) although in all honesty other than a few times they have had bullets its always easier to drive across town to Wideners. I will look into the BSA MRAD, I have heard of a few recoil issues with the primary arms but they were apparently handled well with customer service.

The beautiful thing about NE Tn is its proximity to SW VA and the relatives :) although in all honesty other than a few times they have had bullets its always easier to drive across town to Wideners. I will look into the BSA MRAD, I have heard of a few recoil issues with the primary arms but they were apparently handled well with customer service.

The reticle on the MRAD is great.

I have ordered 2 millett lrs scopes one mil/mil. Both ordered from primary arms. I do not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Very clear glass found them both to be quality. Millett is a Bushnell company.

got in the bipod and rail

null_zpsaffb8f0e.jpg

null_zps0b1b9a82.jpg

got a lil bord this evening so i did some color filling... i'm very pleased with the results especially since i never did it before..

null_zps05dd0d01.jpg

null_zps4dfda79e.jpg

Edited by ToXIc
  • Like 1

I would spend some time and read this:

http://demigodllc.com/articles/practical-long-range-rifle-shooting-optics/?p=1

There is a lot of very, very usefull information there.

At the distances you are planning on shooting the 20 MOA base was not really needed although it is nice if you can get zeroed. With a 175 SMK at 2,750 fps and a 100 yard zero the bullet only drops 1.2 MIL or 4.3 MOA at 300 yards. And considering almost any scope has at least 40 MOA, half of that gives 20 MOA of adjustment ad with that load will get you to 700 yards easily. Now if you get a scope with 60 MOA of internal adjustment you can get to 900 yards based on 30 MOA of adjustments. 

You need to make sure your scope has plenty of vertical adjustment otherwise you are going to have a really short zero or a really long zero. I would consider 60 MOA the minimum for use WITH the 20 MOA base and even that might not be enough. You might run out of scope adjustment to get the reticle down enough to compensate for the 20 MOA rail. My recent 300 Blackout build might get a 20 MOA base depending on what scope I go with.

Those are great bases. I have and use Ferrell bases but Seekins is great as well.

So have you started to figure out what silencer you are going to run? Having a threaded muzzle is just begging for a can.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
I'll check out the link. <br /><br />I'm gonna run a muzzle break. I posted a pic of it in an earlier post. I'll file for the class III license later this year. Then i'll run the silencer. <br /><br /><br />____________________________<br />Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

I would consider the primary arms scope posted earlier by dolomite... They really put out some quality optics for the money and have fantastic customer service... Best bang under $300 IMO... If you are wanting to get up in the $500-$600 range I would look at the Vortex Viper line... Lots of choices so I know its  tough to narrow down what you want

Edited by mcordell

there is also a mil version of the same millett scope..

http://swfa.com/Millett-4-16x50-TRS-1-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P42548.aspx

That scope really isn't comparable to the primary arms, first focal plane vs who knows on the millett. honestly I would save the coin and get the vortex 6.5x20 in mildot. The LRS are great, the TRS.... not so much....your spending a lot of money on a nice rifle and buying junk for a scope.

Scope and trigger are like wheels and engine on a sports car.... Some things you don't skimp on.

That scope really isn't comparable to the primary arms, first focal plane vs who knows on the millett. honestly I would save the coin and get the vortex 6.5x20 in mildot. The LRS are great, the TRS.... not so much....your spending a lot of money on a nice rifle and buying junk for a scope.

Scope and trigger are like wheels and engine on a sports car.... Some things you don't skimp on.

i feel you on that.. just was going some recommendations.. with the millet i guess it's the illuminated reticle that has me smitten... lol

i feel you on that.. just was going some recommendations.. with the millet i guess it's the illuminated reticle that has me smitten... lol

I did find that in low light the illuminated mildots help.
In dusk and dawn situations that illuminated reticle isn't going to be of help when the glass doesn't let enough light in to see a shadow even.

That's the difference between an expensive scope and a cheap scope. Repeat ability and low light transmission.

The vortex glass is not far off my $1800 nightforce and its about $400. I have a leupold 4.5x14 mark IV and the vortex is better in low light than it.

The primary arms is amazing for the price but the fun ends when the shadows come out, it is far and away the best deal in a paper punching scope, hunting yotes no..... Not enough light transmission.

The vortex is a great compromise and its basically in your price point or at least a few value meals and a tank of gas away.

Research the vortex viper line.

Those are great. Both have plenty of adjustment and both are MIL/MIL FFP. They would definitely work with your 20 MOA rail.

The reason you want the same adjustment and the same reticle is for corrections on the fly. With a MIL/MIL setup all you need to do is dial the difference. If the shot lands .7 mil low on the reticle you add .7 mil to the turrets. If the turrets are MOA and the reticle is MIL you have to do some funky conversion to make adjustments on the fly.

Also, mil is the easiest to range with. Basically you take the known height/width of the target and multiply by 1,000. Then you divide that number by the number of mils the cover the target. Example: You have a 1.5 meter tall target. Multiply by 1,000 and that gives you 1,500. Now if 3 dots cover the target then the distance is 500 yards, or if 5 dots cover the target it is 300 yards. And whatever the input is that is what the output is, yards in yards out, meters in meters out and even feet. I am amble to do the math in my head most days.

• Like 1

The scopes will be there. Never dig into savings for a want.

I just got done putting together my "short range" gun. A left handed Savage short action chambered in 300 Blackout. It has a 17" barrel that is 1" bull. It is threaded on the end for a suppressor and the barrel is 8 twist so I can shoot HEAVY bullets at subsonic vleocities. I should be able to ring steel out to 300 yards with the subsonics and 500 with supers, if I ever shoot a supersonic.

Now I need to find a decent scope for mine. I have a brand new P300 scope Nikon sent me to try out before they were released. I don't like it because it isn't going to work well for subsonics. What it will probably get is a 3-12 Hawke with a mildot reticle for now.