Dressed up the 870 with Magpul

Guest Mike P

Guest Mike P

I was on the fence for a long time to spend the coin or not on the Magpul furniture. I finally did today and I'm here to tell you I'm glad I did. The ergonomics are so much better than the factory furniture.

2013-04-27_21-05-56_828_zpsfe2301bb.jpg

I haven't played with the length of pull adjustment yet. I want to shoot it in the shortest configuration first to see how it feels. I'm also still in the air about staying with the single point or adding another sling attachment up front.

Now that I have the MOE forend I can see throwing on a TLR or Surefire with pressure pad tail switch at some point but I'm fine at the moment since the Magpul illumination kit actually fits the pressure pad from my cheapo Tacstar T6 light. The illumination kit comes with two switch mounts and is designed specifically for Surefire switches but mine fits well.

2013-04-27_21-09-29_851_zps667f260f.jpg

If you've been on the fence about spending $130-ish on new furniture for your 870, all I have to say is you won't regret it.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My M590A1 came with an AR 6pos style stock and I don't care for it much. Really thinking about switching to the Magpul stuff, too. I think your looks better as well.

My junk:

M590A1_Sig716-1.jpg

Edited by JohnC
Guest Mike P

A while back I lost the feeling of liking M4 style/looking stocks on shotty's. Used to love them but something changed. I think it's something to do with the angle of most of them.

The butt pad on the Magpul is super soft. If the weather was better today I'd be at the range pumping slugs through it. It's killin me not being able to try it out.

Edited by Mike P
Guest Mike P

Will these parts work on the Maverick 88? I checked the web site and it did not list them.

Honestly don't know of they can be made to fit or not. I'd have to have the two side by to compare the mounting areas before passing judgement.

Guest KCampbell

Will these parts work on the Maverick 88? I checked the web site and it did not list them.

I doubt it would work,alot of the 500 parts will work on the 88 though with the exception of the fore grip, but if you can find the slide action assembly for a 500 you should be able to use any 500 furniture on it. Looks great Mike P I would like some for my 870.

Guest Mike P

I should have taken pictures of the SGA sling mount when I did the install. If you put it in the direction the instructions say, there's no way for the stock to pull up flush{at least on mine} but when you do a Google image search it shows them both ways.

Examples:

This is the orientation the instructions tell you to use....

20120119-112408.jpg

This is the direction mine and most image results show.....

176_993_popup.jpg

I don't know if there is any difference in the receivers between the models so I can't explain that. It's more of an FYI.