Ted Cruz: "Don't be a bunch of squishes"

This was pretty entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A3qY070w4ME

Also heard today that my assumptions were incorrect about his citizenship and that he is eligible for the presidency since his mother was a US citizen when she gave birth.

Cruz/Paul would be great.

Initially I thought Cruz was ineligible because he was born in Canada, but the talking heads on the radio just discussed the same topic the other day and his mother was already a US citizen before she gave birth, so he is eligible. 

Rubio seems to have just about fizzled out, he had a lot of energy but didn't seem to have any direction.  Cruz walked in with a set of titanium balls and sat them down on the table on capitol hill and laid down how things are gonna work.  Even if he fails at some things which is bound to happen in the grinder up there, he stays focused on the exact issue at hand and doesn't fray from it one iota.

• Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

It might be great with a ticket like that. So, what will the senate be like without them in there, also? There needs

to be a united front against tyranny and taking it to the executive branch would weaken the senate. That would

leave two more empty seats to be gained by conservative/libertarians, which is an uphill battle, and leadership,

being what it is with the likes of Alexander and Corker, there would only be a handful of conservatives left in the

senate.

We need more "conservatives/libertarians", rather than transferring them from one place to another. The base

needs to be broadened. If you don't change leadership in the house and senate, what have you changed? The

senate, first has to be won back away from Harry Reid's leadership, and both body's leadership needs to be

changed. The mid-terms are much more important than the presidential election.

I would much rather have a Rubio type, and leave those two to work their magic in the senate, and keep building.

Rubio would be more effective as president with a solid congress doing their constitutionally mandated tasks.

Besides, the only way to impeach will never happen with a divided congress. Like that has a snowball's chance.

Guest 6.8 AR

Exactly, Sam. We need to build on a solid foundation. Broaden the base. Hell! Tear the Republican Party

into pieces if they won't start doing their job right, and start over. Ted Cruz is just what the senate needs,

along with Paul. Cruz said he had so-called fellow Republicans screaming at him about that threat of a

filibuster. I can only imagine which ones. The Corker, Alexander and McCain types. Cruz threatened their

power and got to them.

Besides, he isn't worried about being president. I think he honestly wants to do right by the people who

elected him. He is getting noticed by his caucus, and he keeps on smiling at them. My kind of guy!

I doubt it, still think the problem with mitt was that they focused 75% of their energy on Florida and Ohio, and made the rest of the country feel like they didn't matter.

Cruz has message focus and Paul has a bad case of commonsensenitis so the would work out well. Perfect example of this was Cruz's senate run, it was one of the best ran campaigns for a non-establishment candidate in years