Anybody got a good source for trigger shoes. I'm starting to think I am the only person left in the world that uses them. T Grips has them but they don't do CC or Debits online and I'm thinking they are backlogged as well.

Never have figured why they have gone out of style, they're handier than a shirt pocket. I bet allot of new shooters never heard of them. Probably hands down the best improvement a fellow can make to a trigger for the dollars involved.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason ive ever heard of them is that  they are still common in paintball.  I think the reason they probably went out of style was the whole increased likelyhood of AD's  not a problem in a safe queen or range gun that never sees the inside of a holster.    Unfortunately my google fu is very weak this evening, about the only site im able to find with them is the previous mentioned t-grips.  there are several listed on ebay though if your not opposed to using ebay or paypal.

T-Grips is still in business ?  heard they were in trouble awhile back,  I have a '67 Colt Det. Spl. that is crying for one

Shoes,..  check more bullseye oriented websites I have one on my Savage~Anschutz rifle think it was meant for a 1911

Gil Hebard used to sell them maybe Champions Choice ? perhaps post to the CMP forums

John

1911  http://www.djprecision.com/product/1911-products/1911-short-and-long-trigger-shoe also list for the S&W M52

Edited by LngRngShtr

They were popular in the 80’s for range or target guns. They aren’t good for carry guns because on some guns they extend too close to the edges of the trigger guard. They can also work themselves off if not properly installed. They don’t make the trigger any smoother they just increase the surface area of the trigger.

I like them because they 'square' my finger up nicely and for the 'felt' reduction in trigger pull. I'd found them for the paint ball guys, not sure how they would apply to a rifle. I've never used one on a pistol just my long guns, but I could see it snagging a holster or clothing whilst drawing.