Reloading classes / training / mentoring

It looks like a lot of people have looked to reloading during the current shortage, myself included, to help bridge the gap.
I've looked around and do not see anyone in west TN offering any kind of hands on training or mentoring. Is there anything out there? I've found an NRA class in MO, but that seems to be the closest.

The internet is a great resource, but nothing beats having years of experience on hand to provide real-time feedback.

I am currently set up on a LNL perogressive to do 308, 223, and am waiting on my 9mm dies from midway. I've only actually loaded 308 so far, and have lots of questions.

Am I the only one? Is there demand for reloading classes?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our local sportsmans warehouse has a "class" that covers the basics and the guy will help a person one on one if you wait for the crowd to die down after (or any other time he is working).   You might see if your local store has this, if you have a SW?  

Any place that sells the components should have a guru tucked away that can assist you.  With any luck, you can find one that is not trying to sell you stuff and actually wants to help! 

And of course, asking here should net you an experienced TGO person to help out.

I think there is a huge demand for it. I belong to another group here in middle Tennessee that has talked me into giving classes. I never imagined there were so many that didn't know how but wanted to learn.

Please share wheres and whens for those of us who might be interested in attending.

Upon further thought, if anyone in the middle tn area has a reloading set up, I will be glad to come teach you how to set it up. Honestly, I thought about doing a traveling class, but having more presses and scales and tables, etc... It's just too troublesome so I would have to come to the equipment.

It looks like a lot of people have looked to reloading during the current shortage, myself included, to help bridge the gap.
I've looked around and do not see anyone in west TN offering any kind of hands on training or mentoring. Is there anything out there? I've found an NRA class in MO, but that seems to be the closest.

The internet is a great resource, but nothing beats having years of experience on hand to provide real-time feedback.

I am currently set up on a LNL perogressive to do 308, 223, and am waiting on my 9mm dies from midway. I've only actually loaded 308 so far, and have lots of questions.

Am I the only one? Is there demand for reloading classes?

I don't pretend to know it a lot about reloading. But I would be glad to help out if I can. 

Guest Anonymous86

our local sportsmans warehouse has a "class" that covers the basics and the guy will help a person one on one if you wait for the crowd to die down after (or any other time he is working).   You might see if your local store has this, if you have a SW?  

Any place that sells the components should have a guru tucked away that can assist you.  With any luck, you can find one that is not trying to sell you stuff and actually wants to help! 

And of course, asking here should net you an experienced TGO person to help out.

It's been quite some time since I've been on this website, but I work at Sportsman's Warehouse in Chattanooga. The associate's name you're talking about is David "Top Gun" Miller, and he is pretty much the best person you're ever going to find when it comes to reloading. He's basically a human encyclopedia for it and is very knowledgeable with firearms in general. He works maybe two days a week at the most because he is now retired, but he holds a reloading seminar usually once a month on a Saturday. All you have to do is check our event postings around the store or ask one of us to find out when he will be doing another seminar. We're always happy to help our customers.

Upon further thought, if anyone in the middle tn area has a reloading set up, I will be glad to come teach you how to set it up. Honestly, I thought about doing a traveling class, but having more presses and scales and tables, etc... It's just too troublesome so I would have to come to the equipment.

I would definitely take you up on this. I'm finishing up my reloading room now and am only lacking primers from being able to assemble a full cartridge.
Guest nicemac

Lebanon Gun Shop was definitely offering classes (monthly if I remember correctly) last year. When I was in there, they had several Dillon presses set up. Not sure if they still do, but I do know that David knows a thing or two about reloading…

Lebanon Gun Shop was definitely offering classes (monthly if I remember correctly) last year. When I was in there, they had several Dillon presses set up. Not sure if they still do, but I do know that David knows a thing or two about reloading…

David still does reloading classes. Call Lebanon Gun Shop and they can give you a schedule and cost of the classes.

If I owned a shop that sold reloading supplies as a main part of my business, I'd bust my hump to hold classes. Almost a guaranteed sale of presses, etc. to the students since they'd want to use what they learned on. Beats me why no one does. I've tried to find a class for three years. Finally found out about Lebanon and plan on attending soon.