Bersa BP9CC OD green

Guest adm

Went to a gun show today and picked up a Bersa BP9CC today. I went directly to the range today and shot 100 flawless rounds through it. Wish I coulda shot more, but ammo is too dang expensive. I've been looking for one of these for like 2 years so here are my impressions:

Good:    First off, the trigger is absolutely awesome on this gun, but it's pretty light. Some people may not like carrying a gun with a trigger so light, but it doesn't bother me. It's super short, really crisp, short reset. There are lots of youtube videos on it. The sight picture is great. I don't know if any of you have ever held a Bersa Thunder 380, but the front dot is noticeably larger than the back 2. I have XS big dot sights on my Glock, but I don't think I'll need them on this gun because the sight picture is really good already. The gun feels solid; you can shake it and there is no movement in the slide. Also, the handle is kinda skinny circumference-wise, but ergonomically it's very pleasing. Obviously, it's a single stack 9mm, so the slide and the gun overall are slim and carry well. The felt recoil is just like a Kahr CW9. Feels almost like my Glock 26, but has just a hair more recoil. Follow up shots with this thing are WAY faster than my Glock or the Kahr CW9 though.  I got it for $440 out the door; I was happy with that.

Bad:   The one real complaint is that the handle is really long compared to most other carry guns I can think of.. (Shield, PPS, PF-9, LC9, XD sub, Glock26) It's 8+1 capacity in a single stack, but I could dealt with 7 if it were a half inch shorter. Anyone can easily get all 4 fingers on it, so guys with huge hands might really like that. Personally, I like shorter handles because they print less in the small of my back. The overall dimensions are exactly the same as a Kahr CW9. I think the CM9 is a way better size, but that is just my opinion. Minor negative: The coating on the slide doesn't seem quite as nice as my Glock or some of my other guns, but it may be equal but different. Kinda reminds me of the coating on an XD, which I don't love. Time will tell how it holds up, but this is a carry tool not a show piece.

Overall, like all the Bersa's I've come across, it's a really good gun for the money. If you're killing yourself looking for a M&P Shield (saw one today for $579), don't want to pay to play with a Walther PPS, or just want something different, this dude might be for you. I've heard you could get them for around $400, but this is the only one I've ever seen so I jumped at the chance.

Hmm, tried to upload pics, but this board won't accept Flickr. Here are the URL's, maybe the hyperlink will work. If not, just look for the BP9CC on youtube.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97196917@N06/8989703231/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97196917@N06/8990896376/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97196917@N06/8990895580/in/photostream/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good looking pistol!

I think Bersa is putting out a pretty good product at that attractive $400 - $450 price point

I had a Thunder Plus (15+1 .380)

Finish - good, not as good as my 75B or MK9, but it was less money...

The "fit" after 400 flawless mixed rounds out of the box: still tight, nothing rattling around, no odd wear marks where metal meets metal

I loved the ergos for my hand coupled with high capacity in a small, shootable package. Carry and range gun!

Used it to fund another firearm simply because I have a bunch of 9s, it was my only .380 and I'm cheap  - .380 is more than 9mm

Keep us posted on it's reliability!