Knoxville gun show observations 9 June Sunday.

Went today around 11am. Pulling off onto the grounds I thought, no gun show today?

There was about a third of the cars than the last Jacob Building show I went to. I attempted a front spot and got one.

Walking up there were very few of the regular sharks outside to take advantage of regular gun folks. There was no one in either line, gun check or just entry no weapon.

Inside the place was pretty much empty of people. All the usual vendors were there.

I was looking for a 1911 barrel and bushing and misc Garand stuff. Found a nice bayonet for a good price. Not many parts vendors anymore. I wish back those days.

Ammo price observation. One table had standard federal .22 in hundred rd baggies like a crack dealer. $19.00. I leaned over saw it, and laughed in his face. It was all I could do not to say something. Winchester white box xpert 500 rds, $82 same guy.

Average pistol ammo, 9mm $23/25. .40cal $25/28 .45acp $30/35/40/45 bucks.

I only glanced at some AR ammo and saw 300 rds for $200. It was ball ammo.

I stayed a few hours and didn't see anyone buy any ammo, made me chuckle.

I found some .22 ammo in Remington 525 boxes in a store for 80 early this week and in zip lock bags as well.

I thought it was strange opening ammo up and repacking in zip lock bags for resell.  Made me wonder in the back of my head if they are correctly applying the tax stamps on sales.

I kindly passed, said the next guy can have it.  Not going to contribution to the high prices like that.

Edited by vontar
  • Like 1

funny I sold 22 lr for 25.00 per 500 and 223 for 399.00 per 1000 this weekend

I totally missed this show, but Had I known that I would have made a special trip to see you.  I really want to fine .22's in that price range soon.

If you were only closer to east TN.

Guest 6.8 AR

There were a lot of vendors who were disappointed in the turnout, but it was bound to slow down, some.

I thought we had a decent turnout for powder, bullets and primers. The trailer was much easier to load

at the end. Thanks to those who came. We had Varget, also. :D

There didn't seem to be a shortage of parts or ammo at this show.  There were still some high prices, but they are returning to normal.  I saw more .50 cent/rd 223 ammo (which is still high), but it was $1.00/rd just a little while back.  There were still some folks still asking that much, but there were fewer of them.  There were still quite a few wal-mart resellers there, but they looked lonely. 

I did see a number of $100 stipped polymer lowers for AR's, but again, didn't see any of them selling.