Bullpup SKS

cknight8

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 5Legion

Every gun nut goes thru at least one bubba SKS. After dumping x3 the price of the gun into mine, I decided the SKS is best "as is" with its 10 round fixed mag and stripper clips. The norinco paras are best I think.

Guest 5Legion
Not every gun nut. I skipped the SKS and went straight for the AK-47. I started to, but common sense got the better of me. Doesn't happen very often.

I was in CA at the time!:D

My local pawnshop has an SKS that has black poly furniture with a folding stock and a 30 round detachable mag. $239! Eh, I thought about it, then bought some more ammo for the AK.

Guest gcrookston

I know, no one cares what I think, but here goes: What do we think about the pre-1968 K98ks? The Pre-1930 Gew.98?

Tell you what I think. It's a shame that so many of those $9.00 rifles were sporterized. Heck, I've seen G41's and G43s sporterized. Why? because they were the SKS of their day. Cheap and plentiful.

Our grandkids will be thinking what the hell we were doing with these SKS, just as we wonder what Grandpa was doing with the matching # K98k when he made it his favorite deer rifle for $15.00.

Guest 5Legion
I know, no one cares what I think, but here goes: What do we think about the pre-1968 K98ks? The Pre-1930 Gew.98?

Tell you what I think. It's a shame that so many of those $9.00 rifles were sporterized. Heck, I've seen G41's and G43s sporterized. Why? because they were the SKS of their day. Cheap and plentiful.

Our grandkids will be thinking what the hell we were doing with these SKS, just as we wonder what Grandpa was doing with the matching # K98k when he made it his favorite deer rifle for $15.00.

That's an interesting point and another good reason not to bubba a nice SKS. However, some of these guns have already been bubba'd poorly, so it might be a fun project to save one of those ...

I think we need another term.. some thing to imply 'bubba', but by the original soviet owners....

I got mine after the norinco ban, but before the yugo's hit. Had to drop the price of the rifle back into it to get it to work for some one not drunk on Vodka..

Guest gcrookston

I think they are best addressed in their original condition. I'm always spying for un-rearsenaled russians, Pre-1974 Chinese and any Romanian that hasn't gone and got itself sporterized (or tacticooled, whatever we call it).

DSC00070.jpg

Three of my favorites right now: Original, unrefurbished Russian, Vietnam era unissued Chinese, dragged through the ditches, but all orginal and not refinished Romanian.

I'd like to add back into my collection a Vietnam Capture. I've had several of these over the years, but their condition was so poor I was afraid of storing them near ammo, let alone firing them.

Edited by gcrookston