Honest opinions on Sig mosquito's please.................

Guest BCR#1

OP, I just traded a Sig 220 SAO .22Lr  with threaded and standard barrels for the most Accurate 1022 I have personally handled.  I also traded a SA/DA 220 .22lr, but for what I can't quite recall, oh yeah, another cool 1022:)  

Anyway if I were going to get a Sig .22LR I would try and get a 220 SAO .22LR and try and get a threaded barrel with it, the threaded barrels are something like 235.00 by themselves.

Put a .45 X-change kit on that SAO 220 and you will be shooting circles around most 1911 .45ACP fanboys.

• Like 1
Guest BCR#1

The SIG 1911 22 with the enhancement kit from CCW is a nice shooter.
I have one and the wife has one. Are they 100% reliable ? No. Are they fun to shoot? Yes. We have over 1500 rounds through them and I don't see any wear other then the finish. Will we get others in the future? Yes.
Just keep in mind that the Sig and the GSG are made by the same company. Sig just puts their name on it. We have shot every type of ammo some are better than others. I have not shot any mini mags because of the crazy prices.

Also the barrels are threaded on both the SIG and gsg.

I ordered one of the Sig copies yesterday from Bud's gun shop for $386.25 OTD. Add the $35.00 transfer including TICS for a total of $421.25 Academy wants $429.99 + tax and $10.00 TICS so I saved right at $50.00 The gun should be in my hands Monday afternoon I hope.

Bill

I have one, and greatly prefer a mkii or mkiii.  It's only a sample size of one, so your results may vary.

The good: good weight. Feels like a full size pistol. Comes with two recoil springs. By changing out the springs to suit different types of ammo, I've been able to feed every non-subsonic round through it with no issues.

The bad: It's not as accurate as you would expect from a 22lr pistol.  And the safety on mine is sticky.

The ugly: the trigger.  It is absolutely horrible. Don't even try to shoot it DA. It is also very heavy, and rough on SA.  

Edited by SlapChopDonkey

I have had two, trying to like them.  Had both completely dis and reassembled and tried to fix/tune them according to RFC's noted expert :"Mississippi Dave."  They are in my mind a steaming pile of dog crap.  Buying a Jennings or Phoenix, especially a Phoneix, is money better spent.  The trigger system is pure junk and they have proportionally as much pot metal as a good working Hi Point.  If somone were to give me one I would refuse it, regardless the resale value.  I actually HATE everything about the Mosquito except the grip ergonomics.  Sig shoujld be ashamed of themselves for allowing their name to be used on that gun.

Now this is a man who knows his .22's ! Seriously , if graycrait says it's crap then it's crap. Not trying to put you on the spot Craig but you are very knowledgable about these . I trust graycrait's judgement anyday .

Sounds like the decision is made. My mosquito was purchased because I carry a Sig M11-A1. The controls are almost identical and the size and weight make it feel like a compact sized carry gun. This made it the perfect choice for a training pistol. The mosquito has been perfect using the mini-mags and runs fairly well using high velocity bulk ammo. There can be no limp wristing or you run the risk of a stovepipe. My only regret is I didn't purchase one with a threaded barrel.