Competitors to the SOG Slimjim

Guest The Itis

Guest The Itis

My absolute favoritest knife so far is the SOG Slimjim, and it's practically all because of the clip.

It is truly deep carry, which is something I place the utmost importance on for an EDC.

What are the competitors to the SOG Slimjim? I've seen a ton of knives labeled as deep carry but they'll even show like 3/4" above the clip line (where the edge of a pocket would sit, for example). I haven't spent all that much time researching, I stumbled onto the Slimjim early and the search was done.

Instead of clicking on a bajillion links, zooming in a ton to pictures just to evaluate the clip depth of knives, I figure I can call upon some true aficionados here to suggest knives that have true deep carry clips. I may want some variety in my EDC, but the requirement that practically none of the knife is showing when clipped in a pocket/waistband is the same.

Look forward to learning!

My kid has a buck knife with a clip that hides the entire knife. I think it is the parallax or something. IT's okay I guess but he likes it. 

I've gone from worrying about the clip to just taking the thing off. Sounds like heresy but hear me out. I'm not likely to use my knife for self defense so I probably don't need to get at it in a super hurry. What I do need is for the knife to take up minimal space. The clip takes up a lot of space. If I take off the clip I can carry a thin knife really deeply in my pocket. 

With all that in mind I've found the the knife, out of the knives I own, that I carry the most is a kershaw leek with the clip removed. Very flat and easy to carry. The blade is a nice length but some will say it is a bit thin. 

For the record the leek win out over:

Kershaw Scallion

Smith and Wesson Tac Ops (suxxor)

Kershaw Blur

ZT 350

ZT 300

SAK fisherman

SAK OTher thing (not a real model)

and a whole bunch of other shinola with various clips and so forth. But in the morning I almost always pick the clipless leek. Less space, light, not a catastrophe if I lose it and so forth.