greetings from upstate ny

found this site while checking out places to move to in tennessee so i thought i would join up . as it says in the title i am unfortunately living in upstate ny at the moment ( just about as far north as you can get in ny )but i have decided to get out of this state .  i have a small collection of rifles that keeps growing , and i try to get out to the range with the wife at least once a week . in any case i am happy to be here and hopefully learn a bit about tennessee prior to a move .

Welcome and come on down!  I lived for about 10 years in the Syracuse area.  It's beautiful country up that way.  I didn't care much for the winters there and I liked the NY state government even less.  I hope you're able to gain your freedom soon.

• Like 1

thanks for the welcome guys , it is beautiful country up here but there is almost no jobs available ,they tax the hell out of you ,my area (right on the boarder) has a extreme problem with drugs and crime . i just recently got laid off due to there being no work to do up here so i feel like i should just get my family out of here while i can .   i was doing landscaping but i have worked a lot of different jobs from working in a grocery  store, detailing, soldering , farm work , working in a forge , sealcoating and ect .the big thing is finding work ,i don't really have a career path yet but i prefer to work outdoors and i love hard labor lol(makes me sleep good at night).at this point i will work any job that would hire me. i was thinking east tennessee maybe , nothings for sure yet ,other then the fact that i am leaving this state even if i have to just get in my car and drive down and find a place to rent  and a place to work . not to mention this next year is the deadline for the "aw registration "  and all that other nonsense . how does it feel to live in a state that trusts you with more then 7 rounds in a mag? lol

how does it feel to live in a state that trusts you with more then 7 rounds in a mag? lol

They trust us with just about most stuff except the stuff that goes RATA-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT!!! or REALLY quiet, for that you need about $200 and six months of your time to wait for a lovely little tax stamp. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome! :wave:

Please report to Memphis for your series of injections / washings for liberal-ese decontamination.  You've presented evidence (rifle collection, sarcastic jokes re: magazine capacity limits) that you're not infected with the disease, but we like to make sure you're not a "silent carrier."  As long as everything goes smoothly, most people can avoid the cavity search; so please answer questions truthfully.  You're allowed to bring your rifle, your wife and children, and other personal belongings; but by all means, leave the Weiner up north.

[URL=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/ldugsjr1986/media/anthony-weiner-weiner_zps6c7a4b1b.jpg.html]anthony-weiner-weiner_zps6c7a4b1b.jpg[/URL]

• Like 2

hahaha ... thats fine ,precautionary measures to ensure the integrity of the state lol. of course the weiner would have to stay up here .

i would not mind waiting 6 months and $200 spent for quiet ,  i would be excited just to be able to unpin my stock lol and not having to spend a year or more trying to get a permit just to buy and own a pistol  :rant: cant wait to leave lol

Might be of some interest to you. Athens area is not a bad place to be. Active gun club. :up:

! APPLICATIONS BEING TAKEN FOR PELZER
HP Pelzer Automotive Systems, Inc., is currently taking applications for positions at the new plant in Athens. All positions require
at least 6 months experience. The positions include Blend Room
Operator, Material Handler, Production Operator, Shipping & Receiving Clerk, and Process Technician. The pay ranges from $10.50
to $17.50 per hour depending on the position. You can apply at the
Tennessee Career Center in Athens.
Edited by oldogy
Guest Riciticky

All I can say is go east young man, go east.  NOT WEST. And I agree, leave weiner and bloomers berg where you came form. Welcome to Tennesse, where you can actually pick up a handgun and shoot it.