Free Metal Target

Guest EasilyObsessed

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

I'm seriously cackling over here. The only thing stopping me from ordering is knowing that my money will end up supporting Obama.

I wonder how effective they are at preventing the free singles from being sent to the same address repeatedly?

Guest EasilyObsessed

Im more worried about getting moveon.org stuff in my mail...but eh, its worth it to have a Obama button with a bullet hole hanging on my wall. Ahh...sweet sweet irony.

• 6 months later...
Guest mark_justmark

I took this from another forum I had posted it on.

...took a walk down some railroad tracks and found these steel plates that hold the rail to the wood cross ties. Interestingly, around here the RR is going to concrete cross ties. These steel plates were down in the culvert since I guess the new concrete do not use this type.

Anyway, we took our rifles out to 50 yards hoping to hear some "pings" and "pangs." The .22 and .30 carbine rifles were leaving bruises on the plates until we started the M1s.

Oh man....

3355304842_2553218912.jpg?v=0

3355304686_27eb14ea90.jpg?v=0

3355304386_efdee04586.jpg?v=0

3354483163_1b11bc832a.jpg?v=0

Guest mark_justmark

We were using surplus ammo, I think it was steel core.

After seeing videos of the destructive powers of the 30-06 on Military Flix website it was cool to see it for real.

"goes through steel like a brown paper bag"

"through the tree and through the bucket makes a pretty dead Nazi"

http://www.realmilitaryflix.com/public/401.cfm?sd=60

If I can find it, I still have a few hundred rounds of black tip - AP. It'll go right through that plate, no problem.
Guest 70below

I saw the results of putting c-4 inside of brass shell casings and blowing them up within a steel lined concrete bunker. The molten brass struck the 2" steel plating and penetrated about 3/4-1" and left brass plated blisters. Just goes to show you what something that hot and moving can do even if it is softer material.

Guest mark_justmark

bobanddoug1.jpg

70below I saw the results of putting c-4 inside of brass shell casings and blowing them up within a steel lined concrete bunker. The molten brass struck the 2" steel plating and penetrated about 3/4-1" and left brass plated blisters. Just goes to show you what something that hot and moving can do even if it is softer material.