Memphis guns for groceries this weekend

jeffmem

I don't think you can buy the guns that are traded for the groceries. It is a police thing and they say that all of the weapons are destroyed. I'm betting the police run the numbers on the guns and find many of them are stolen. I saw results of the one they held here in Nashville last year and guns some worth 300.00 to 500.00 were being traded for 50.00 worth of groceries. If any were not stolen you can bet the cops now own them...........Only a person that is totally stupid will turn in a 500.00 legal gun for 50 bucks in groceries............jmho

I don't think you can buy the guns that are traded for the groceries. It is a police thing and they say that all of the weapons are destroyed. I'm betting the police run the numbers on the guns and find many of them are stolen. I saw results of the one they held here in Nashville last year and guns some worth 300.00 to 500.00 were being traded for 50.00 worth of groceries. If any were not stolen you can bet the cops now own them...........Only a person that is totally stupid will turn in a 500.00 legal gun for 50 bucks in groceries............jmho

I think the plan would be to setup in the general vicinity but offer $75 gift card. Get them first ;)

I think the plan would be to setup in the general vicinity but offer $75 gift card. Get them first ;)

I don't know if it would be legal or not but might get you a few guns. Only danger I see in that would be receiving stolen guns and being charged with Receiving and concealing stolen property. There is no way to run numbers on guns this day in time without the man coming to your home to take from you the guns you paid money for and giving you nothing in return. They may not arrest you for having it if you tell them you honestly purchased it but you will still be out the investment........jmho

Edited by bersaguy
Guest TankerHC

It isnt always stolen or cheap guns turned in. I have watched news where they showed some of the guns turned in, AR's, AK's, 94's etc. And at the end the officer would say "Runing the numbers, none of them were stolen, but at least we got them off the streets and out of the hands of people who dont know how to use them". Or some other such nonsense.

Remember this? Look for the video, no cheap guns on THAT table. (Just remember from the video when it happened)

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/gun-nuts/2012/12/ct-woman-turns-antique-rifle-gun-buyback

I've got a couple I'd trade in. An old RG 22lr with real ivory looking plastic grips for instance. With a little WD-40 I'm SURE the cylinder would free right up. I mean hell, can't find ammo for it anyway. <grin>

I have an old RG25 (AKA, Stovepipe). I shot it about ten times once. Never again... I like my hand too much.