Statewide meet and shoot event? Any Interest?

Guest abailey362

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll come if it's hot weather, on a lake or river with a range nearby and totally naked dancing girls and in a camping situation with a beer & liquor store close by.

Well, I might compromise on the totally naked and dancing part. Potentially naked would be acceptable.

Im in LOL :D

Guest abailey362

I'm gonna throw mid-may out there. could be hot...could be cold......that way no one can bitch.....or maybe everyone can bitch. Either way everyone is equal.

For anything like this to work, as many of you know we have to pick a date and stick with it. It will give plenty of lead time to request vacation if needed

I say Mars organizes this event!

If I organize it, it's gonna be no farther west than Knoxville and will be located next to water and a place to shoot. I'm thinking of a guy who has a great farm in the county near Rogersville on the Holston River. Camping only, but Rogersville has lots of places for Ramada Rangers.

And yes, there will be dancing girls and FA will be allowed.

Hell, I might sell tickets to the public. :rolleyes:

I'm behind ya Mars! :rolleyes:

I say we put Mike.357 in charge of the beverage committee. I'll volunteer to handle the nekkid dancing girls. :2cents:

Hey, this sounds like a done deal. :clap:

I've probably organized a couple of dozen Civil War ..... Oops... War of Northern Aggression... reenactments. Y'all don't mind a bunch of drunk guys running around with .577 muskets do ya'? Some will be in Gray and some in Blue.

Hey, this sounds like a done deal. :wall:

I've probably organized a couple of dozen Civil War ..... Oops... War of Northern Aggression... reenactments. Y'all don't mind a bunch of drunk guys running around with .577 muskets do ya'? Some will be in Gray and some in Blue.

Moving targets? Whoever hits the guys in blue wins a special prize? The South IS gonna rise again!!!

Guest Phantom6
Moving targets? Whoever hits the guys in blue wins a special prize? The South IS gonna rise again!!!

Especially if there's nekkid dancin' girls there. Did I mention that I'd volunteer to handle the nekkid dancin' girls? :D

Oops ..... er, ah ......don't want to sound too focused on the nekkid dancin' girls. After all this is all about greetin' and guns. Uh, let's see; focus on guns. Uh, this is my rifle This is my gun. One is for fightin'.... :doh:

Dang it Mars you brought up them nekkid dancin' girls on purpose didn't you?!! Now I'm gonna be thinkin' of babes with bullets as we plan this thing. Shooters with hooters..... Oh Nooooooooooooooo

Okay, I've only attended on Mid TN GTG either this year or last (sorry been busy with work and other stuff), but here's a some advice, start small and it will take off.. I attend a yearly paratrooper gathering and we have seen a yearly increase once the word gets out after each year..

Really we don't rent halls or anything like that, we ask members to hosts the events and they usually spend some coin doing it (food, drinks, ****ters, etc). Some do provide towards that as well so not to burden the person hosting the event.

What it comes down to is logistics, who can provide the most room for it, while having lodging nearby for those that can't sleep on the floor anymore or for those that actually want to try to get some sleep or freak on in private.. :D

But once you get that sorted out and get it going it it will become an annual event and grow by itself.

I will give you a word of advice, since everyone here is grown adults, if there's going to be drinking involved, everyone locks up their weapons before the first beer is every opened, no one leaves if their stumbling, and no one gets hurt. Any bickering or fighting wants a swift kick to the ass and exit of the GTG with no ability to ever come back..

Guest jps37033

Nashville is central... I'm up for it. Maybe there will be someone there that can help me with target acquisition, quick draw, and a few other skills I'd like :up:

Plus, i'd be in on a fee for food, drinks, etc;..... But, I saw a post above about beer and stuff. testosterone, beer, guns....... Thats smells like a civil war waiting to happen. LOL - Just kidding. But I'm in. I'd probably get a hotel, and could share if needed. Would be fun I think.

Edited by jps37033

I could do Nashville! Isn't there a Deja Vu up there?

Especially if there's nekkid dancin' girls there. Did I mention that I'd volunteer to handle the nekkid dancin' girls? :)

Oops ..... er, ah ......don't want to sound too focused on the nekkid dancin' girls. After all this is all about greetin' and guns. Uh, let's see; focus on guns. Uh, this is my rifle This is my gun. One is for fightin'.... :)

Dang it Mars you brought up them nekkid dancin' girls on purpose didn't you?!! Now I'm gonna be thinkin' of babes with bullets as we plan this thing. Shooters with hooters..... Oh Nooooooooooooooo

So what do you think about Mars plan?