Hunters, What's in your backpack?

I feel like mine used to have everything from toilet paper to enough tools to dismantle a Cold War Soviet submarine! No more! I feel liberated now. I only carry the essentials. Im generally no more than a 20 min walk from my house or truck, so I have limited my stash. Some will still say you need everything, and I do agree in certain situations. I just re packed mine and below are the contents.
Sharp Knife
Matches
Para cord
Poncho
2 screw in steps
Toilet paper
Rubber gloves
Scent kill spray
Spare flashlight
Multi tool
Ziplock bag
Extra pair socks
Handful of zip ties

This is just for hunting at my house. Any time I go anywhere else to hunt, I go with a more substantial amount of supplies/navigational aids for that "just in case" situation.

What's in your hunting pack?

I'm liberating myself too <--- Hate even typing anything with the term liberal associated with it LMAO!

This year I will carry:

Headlamp

Gloves and face mask

Snacks (Don't forget to bring Nutter Butters if you haven't before  :yum:  You'll thank me later!)

Big bottle of water

Screw in step

Extra can of Skoal

Old protein shaker that I use for a pee jug, water bottles are too noisy and fill up too fast

Toilet paper (small roll)

Cover scent

Note telling me what to bring LOL

Rite in Rain (notes come in handy next season)
Paper Map
First Aid (bandages, Pain Reliever, Allergy meds)
Compass
Paracord
Lighter
DEET/Thermacell if needed
Phone Gorillapod Tripod
Sharpener
Nitrile Gloves
TP
Wipes
Hand Sanitizer
Game Bags
Bow Stringer
Extra bow string
Extra Tab
HeadLamp
Extra Flashlight
Poncho
Pruners
Tomahawk
Lunchbox fruit jerky protein bars
Water bottle
Thermos Coffee
Calls
Scents
Knee Pads/Cushion
Sometimes carry Folding stool or HammockSeat
Wear Knife on Belt

I Ground Hunt and don't know how far I will go or when I'll be back so I take 'enough' to stay out all day and survive if I HAVE to stay out at night
  • Like 1
Wow, y'all carry a bunch of stuff!
Knife's on my belt, as is my Leatherman.
In my pack/stand bags are:

Deer drag
Bow hanger
Screw-in step
2 bottles of water
Pack of gum
Flashlight.

If I'm hunting hogs, say in Florida our Texas, there's a LOT more I carry, but that's my regular deer stuff. Never needed anything else!

Funnily enough I just got done packing for a Florida hog whomping. I also choose my clothing with a mind to carrying extra gear, if necessary. Pant HAVE to have generous pockets. I've packed out a 60# hog, boned out, in my pants pockets before now! I also carry a cheap, Wally World 'packable day-pack' IN my pack. It weighs under 3oz & folds to the size of a baseball. I can throw that on with my fanny pack for an exta 22l of carrying space if I need to. Stuffed with dry grass, it also makes an excellent pillow/seat ;)

Here's what's in my pack.... (again, knife & leatherman on my belt)

2, 1l bottles of water

Water purification tabs

2 Bic lighters

Ferro rod

Large folding knife

6, 1gal ziplock bags

1, 39gal trash bag

microfiber towel

20 Ibuprofen

20 Tums

Chewing gum

25' paracord

GPS

Compass

6 safety pins

2 spare broadheads + 1 blunt (replace with 5 rounds of whatever caliber if rifle hunting)

6" file

Diamond stone

snacks as needed

Thermacell + refills + 100% deet

Packable day pack.

Slingshot & 30 .40 lead balls (I get bored :) )

This lot can keep me in the woods for upto 3 days, in a nice climate (& it has a couple of times!) & weighs in at a shade under 8 pounds. It all fits nicely in a Cabelas Guide System fanny pack, with room to haul out the meat of one, average sized, boned out hog.

• Like 1