Ace Case holster sale

I mentioned this a couple of days ago, but I don't want to hijack that thread.  Ace Case Manufacturing is having a holster sale in the month of September... any three holsters for $33.

I bought two of their slipless gripper IWB holsters. They arrived in a couple of days and I wore one today. The slipless holster is their version of the Remora holster. There's no clip; you just put it between your briefs and pants and supposedly it won't move around.

I tried it today with my (unloaded) Taurus 709 slim. On the pro side, it stayed right where I put it, much to my surprise. On the downside, I'm a skinny guy and I couldn't easily access the firearm.  I'll try different belts and different pants next.

The third holster was their tuckable ambidextrous. I haven't worn it yet, but just trying it on, it felt like it would be a very good Small of back holster for me. (Note: I'm skinny so reaching the small of my back is really easy. It might not be a good holster for normal sized men.)

The third holster is a slipless for my Kel Tec 380.  No need for it, but hey, it was three for $33 so I had to buy something. :rofl:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:  I tested two of the holster with a Taurus 709 Slim.  The slipless holster stayed where I put it all day.  It was not as uncomfortable as most IWB holsters I've tried. Unlike a clip holster, I could wear it a little lower to the grip was barely even with the belt line. I could sit or drive with no problems.  On the downside, it was really hard to access the weapon in this position.  Of course, if you wear it with the grip above the belt line, there's really no advantage to this holster that I can see. The gun is still visible. Well, you could tuck your shirt in over it and the gun would be almost invisible. Hard to draw, but better than no gun at all.

Anyway, if you like IWB holsters, it's worth considering.

The tuckable was a surprise. It was reasonably comfortable and ambidextrous. It worked in the 5 and 6 o'clock position for me. 

Edited by jgradyc