Guest HunterH

Taser or Kimber pepper blaster?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Taser or Kimber pepper blaster?

• Taser C2
    • Kimber Pepper Blaster
    • Both

Guest HunterH

Ok, so I can not get my wife to carry at this point (will keep working on her) but she is open to using a taser and the C2 seems the be the best one on the market. I also have her carrying a Kimber gardian angel pepper blaster.

What is the word on tasers? is the pepper blaster or the taser the better choice for non-lethal defense? Does a taser work if someone is wearing thick cloths come winter?

any feedback would be very helpful as I know next to nothing about tasers. With any luck she will be carrying an XDsc someday soon anyway....:panic:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow12

I can tell you from experience, a Tazer will work through body armor, so thick clothing shouldn't be a problem. However, it only works for one person, so if there are two bad guys, she will have a problem.

I like the idea of the taser, but I'm still not sold on the legal aspect* of civilian carry.

*LEO not being hip enough to recognize users ability to use one.

I have never used a taser or been tasered. But I don’t think I have ever seen anyone on TV not comply unless they ripped the darts out. The problems I see with it is the cost, concealing it and deploying it.

On the other hand I have maced more people than I can count, and been maced myself. I have seen big guys that you think were going to be a problem fall down and cry like babies; and I have used it on perps that acted like I was spraying them with water. I wouldn’t want to count on it, but I guess it’s better than nothing.

Taser.gifTaser.gifTaser.gif

Guest Linoge

I have never used a taser or been tasered. However, as part of my military training, I have been OC sprayed... Of course, immediately after being sprayed, I had to conduct an obstacle course of fighting off someone who was aiming to disarm me of my baton, executing a series of strikes (both armed and unarmed), and moving about in a defensive manner... And I was able to execute all of it relatively well. It sucked. Make no doubt about that. If I ever see an LEO with OC/Mace out, I am either doing whatever he tells me to, or getting the hell out of the way. That said, I was still functional, and still able to inflict harm on other people.

As I said, I have never been tasered, but from the videos I have seen, those people are far from functional. The number problem is a rather significant one, I will grant, but efficacy has to count.

Guest monsterking138

we use oc/cs and it works good. i have seen alot of people sprayed and about 95% of them it worked great on. of course there is always that 5% you have to look out for.

Guest Phantom6

The Kimber Guardian Angel is a whole lot less expensive (about $39.00 - $49.00 each) but a determined individual can work through pepper spray. It's effectiveness can also be affected by climatic and wind conditions. The Taser Intl. C2 is I believe the better choice. They are legal for citizen consumer carry in all states with the exception of Rhode Island, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, and Hawaii- cant believe Kaliforniastan is not on the list- all anti self defense states. They are decidedly more expensive at $250+ (on special this month at http://tngunshop.com ) But I believe more functional. Range is about the same for both (o-15 feet) and neither is really good for multiple attackers but the shock value (no pun intended) of the Taser C2 is probably greater due to the fact that when a second attacker see's his partner in crime doing the horizontal Funky Chicken (that's a spasmodic dance from the 70's for you youngsters out there) on the pavement he's more likely to hesitate giving your wife the break she may need to get out of the way of the attack. If she won't carry a gun then the Taser C2 would I believe, be the best choice if you could only carry one. One might think that carrying both would be better but then she has to deal with two different systems and that could be confusing for anyone in that situation that doesn't train regularly with the equipment.

Edited by Phantom6
Guest HunterH
The Kimber Guardian Angel is a whole lot less expensive (about $39.00 - $49.00 each) but a determined individual can work through pepper spray. It's effectiveness can also be affected by climatic and wind conditions. The Taser Intl. C2 is I believe the better choice. They are legal for citizen consumer carry in all states with the exception of Rhode Island, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, and Hawaii- cant believe Kaliforniastan is not on the list- all anti self defense states. They are decidedly more expensive at $250+ (on special this month at http://tngunshop.com ) But I believe more functional. Range is about the same for both (o-15 feet) and neither is really good for multiple attackers but the shock value (no pun intended) of the Taser C2 is probably greater due to the fact that when a second attacker see's his partner in crime doing the horizontal Funky Chicken (that's a spasmodic dance from the 70's for you youngsters out there) on the pavement he's more likely to hesitate giving your wife the break she may need to get out of the way of the attack. If she won't carry a gun then the Taser C2 would I believe, be the best choice if you could only carry one. One might think that carrying both would be better but then she has to deal with two different systems and that could be confusing for anyone in that situation that doesn't train regularly with the equipment.

Excellent advice. Thank you for taking the time to write all that out!! :D

I need to find a way to help her train with one or both, but that is all but impossible given you get one shot and then you buy a new one. I hear the taser has a practice shot for about $50, but then that is more money dang it! ok well. thanks again!!

have seen first hand that pepper spray is useless watched a guy get sprayed and he smiled and beat the he** out of two officers they hit him with a taser and he slowed down a bit but still kept going, when he picked up a steel bar one of the other officers fired two 40 cal rounds into him he stopped in his tracks. i would never depend on either one nor would i have my wife to, a false sense of security is dangerous/deadly.