Aimpoint Pro

So I just bought an Aimpoint Pro as a interim replacement for my Trijicon SRS that went down. I currently am running a Leupold Mark AR mod 1 but still needed a red dot for another build. Pretty excited about the Pro and given the price of $365 plus free shipping I feel I got a fair deal. What are the opinions of the factory mount that it comes with from guys on here that have used one? It's funny that the Pro cost almost $500 less than the SRS and will probably serve me better, live and learn I guess.

Anything & Everything that Aimpoint makes is Rock Solid.  :up:

We jump out of perfectly good airplanes in the middle of the night with Aimpoints mounted up and nothing goes wrong with them.  I've seen M4s that were covered from IED attacks with the Aimpoint still mounted and working.   

When it came time to gift my LEO son with an optic for his patrol rifle - - - He got an Aimpoint Pro.

And best of all it doesn't eat batteries like a EOTech.

• Like 1
DMark, I agree they can take a beating. No one in the 15 months I was in Iraq had a single issue ever, but I for the life of me couldn't remember what mounts we had. I carried an Acog so didn't really pay attention to what mounts were on the Aimpoints.

Tdoccrossvilletn, I can't speak from firsthand experience but I would think you would want an extremely low mount if you were going to put it on an AK. Probably still wouldn't cowitness. Optic would work fine though. Again I'm speculating and I'm sure someone else will chime in that has done it.
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

DMark, I agree they can take a beating. No one in the 15 months I was in Iraq had a single issue ever, but I for the life of me couldn't remember what mounts we had. I carried an Acog so didn't really pay attention to what mounts were on the Aimpoints.

Tdoccrossvilletn, I can't speak from firsthand experience but I would think you would want an extremely low mount if you were going to put it on an AK. Probably still wouldn't cowitness. Optic would work fine though. Again I'm speculating and I'm sure someone else will chime in that has done it.

yeah. I really don't much care for Co witness

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

I've been looking at the Larue AK Irondot for my AK but have not found one for sale anywhere.  I think they stopped making them.  We have the aimpoint pro's on our work guns (AR) they are fine.  I'm very happy with it.  

Edited by Ropin4gold

..... but I for the life of me couldn't remember what mounts we had....

If it was the issued M68 CCO, I bet they used the OEM Aimpoint mount with the torque limiting knob.

nx0xvo.jpg

The PRO comes with the same style mount, updated with a longer spacer.

1zvu9s9.jpg

My son reports no issues with the PRO's mount after a year in a patrol car, several training days, two range qualifications, and a couple of TAC Rifle matches.

Even with a few dismounts, he is still running the same zero that we worked up in January of this year.