Is this illegal to do?

Guest tnelson

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

I don't see that being any different than using your belt loop to bump fire it. Its still a semi auto. One round is fired for every trigger pull. But I guess the ATF might see it differently.

Guest tnelson

"You will find out because you will get the attention of the On-Target guys when you do it."

I'll ask them first. I don't want to get hauled away in cuffs LOL

Guest jackdog

Rubber band is more a joke than anything it is not required. Saw a another video by the same guy and he explains that that the RB was to dis a 40.00 trigger system and you can get the same results without either one.

Guest bkelm18
If you try that at Stones River Range you will be asked to stop or leave..

you cant control your firearm and bumpfire

If you use the belt loop method maybe, but that rubber band method looks pretty controllable. Really no different than shooting a full auto would be my guess.

Guest tnelson
I have bump fired my garrand from the hipusing the belt loop trick and it was a gas.

LOL well everyone isn't as skilled as the mightly jackdog LOL. I've only about 10 mags through my m4. Most of those was just bsing around.

I went through two mags last night trying to "setup my scope"

I tried bump fire and it didn't work. Was able to pull and release the trigger really fast though.

There was guy arrested a while back ( you prolly remember) because his ar-15 misfired and shot off two rounds while he was at the firing range.

What is the different from that and bump firing?

Guest tnelson

I agree with that. Those guys are really strict. They don't allow shooting from the hip anyhow.

Guest tnelson
i'm not familiar with the belt loop method, anyone care to explain?

Basically you use your belt loops and the recoil of the firearm to execute a rapid trigger pull.

Like so..

Looks like your jacking off your rifle LOL

LOL well everyone isn't as skilled as the mightly jackdog LOL. I've only about 10 mags through my m4. Most of those was just bsing around.

I went through two mags last night trying to "setup my scope"

I tried bump fire and it didn't work. Was able to pull and release the trigger really fast though.

There was guy arrested a while back ( you prolly remember) because his ar-15 misfired and shot off two rounds while he was at the firing range.

What is the different from that and bump firing?

that is not what happened with the guy. I dont recall the name but the dude was manufacturing rifles and had made that one full auto.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=750464

According to court records, Kiernicki turned the rifle's firing selector to the third position, pulled the trigger, and three bullets fired with each pull. Then the weapon jammed. The automatic gunfire was reported to police, who contacted the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Kiernicki testified Olofson told him the third position was for automatic firing, but it jammed, court records indicate. He also testified Olofson told him he had fired the weapon on the automatic setting at that same range without a problem, according to the records.

I guess you can't control your firearm in full auto or hyperspeed semi auto fire either. :)

Guest jackdog

Hey tnelson it does not take a lot of skill to bump fire a weapon.In the case of the garrand it is no worse than holding an M14 and firing full auto. Is it an accurate way to shoot a rifle? no. Is it fun? Yup. I think full auto weapons are a pure waste of ammo and can think of very few situtions where they are useful. Rapid aimed fire with a semi autol will get the job done in most cases.

Guest tnelson
Hey tnelson it does not take a lot of skill to bump fire a weapon.In the case of the garrand it is no worse than holding an M14 and firing full auto. Is it an accurate way to shoot a rifle? no. Is it fun? Yup. I think full auto weapons are a pure waste of ammo and can think of very few situtions where they are useful. Rapid aimed fire with a semi autol will get the job done in most cases.

I agree with that statement

Guest unreconstructed1
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=750464
According to court records, Kiernicki turned the rifle's firing selector to the third position, pulled the trigger, and three bullets fired with each pull. Then the weapon jammed. The automatic gunfire was reported to police, who contacted the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Kiernicki testified Olofson told him the third position was for automatic firing, but it jammed, court records indicate. He also testified Olofson told him he had fired the weapon on the automatic setting at that same range without a problem, according to the records.

David Olofson was absolutely set up. I bet your news story didn't tell you that it took the ATF several different times to get the gun to misfire as it had that day at the range. I followed that trial very closely, as it shows that ANY of us can be set up by the ATF. let me find some of the relevant information, and I'll get back to you.