The thread in which an Army Lt. Col pisses us all off.

You can't really compare the USA crime stats to the UK or even Canada.  You could compare rural Montana stats to rural western Canada stats.  I would guess both are roughly the same when it comes to violent crime.  Most violent crime in the USA is concentrated in large urban cities.  Most of that violent crime is drug and gang related.

I would guess most rural UK, US, and Canadian areas with similar income levels, gang membership levels, and illegal drug use are all relatively the same crime wise.

interesting...the "national guard" is federal as far as I'm concerned...sorry but it is... the Tennessee State Guard is our militia, which does not get the funding it needs, they do not train with firearms like they should, they are not paid (all volunteers) and every state has a State level guard unit if I'm not mistaken. This guy is an idiot, and LtC's are a dime a dozen, have no idea how he passes his PT test... the National Guard is the US ARMY :usa: this guy is highly confused  

Bateman owns a company called Alliance Defense Marketing Associates. He offers Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, and Defense Operational Initiatives. He's contracted to the DHS. 

I'd like to read THOSE TTP's.

https://www.teaparty.org/colonel-vowed-disarm-americans-works-homeland-security-2-31553/

Different guy.  This one's Robert J. Bateman.  The guy that wrote the crap article is Robert L. Bateman.

As a retired O6, I'll try not to resemble all the anti-officer, particularly anti-senior officer remarks. :)

Most of the officers I ever respected were line guys ... people who opted for combat arms over a desk.  Many of them were super smart scholars themselves, but they chose to serve with sailors, soldiers, Marines & airmen over the bemedaled bureaucrat computer jocks.  They all had personal viewpoints but kept them mostly to themselves because the entering argument for a commission is selflessness ... the limelight is no place for an officer, and the political arena is anathema.

This guy is a zero.  All the services have far too high a promotion rate at O4 & above - here's a case in point.  This guy's rhetoric is pure treason & I'd like to see him stripped of his pension.  

It has been my experience that we enlisted soldiers (or former), when it comes to senior officers, tend to hate the bad ones, dislike the average ones and love the good ones! (After we figure out which ones are which that is.) All of them deserve respect for their rank and position. That was my view from the motor pool anyway.  If he were a senior NCO then there would probably be a lot of anti NCO remarks. What I'm trying to say is its a shame that he is dishonoring all officers, past and present, simply by his association with the officer corps.

.... when it comes to senior officers, tend to hate the bad ones, dislike the average ones and love the good ones! (After we figure out which ones are which that is.)

A fine example of one of the Greatest of Truths - - - You Can't BS the Troops!    :usa:

'The right of the People', I have little to no respect for anyone who cannot comprehend the meaning of those five words written in that order. Doesn't take an English Major.

Especially don't respect a supporter of the Nanny/Police State.... Edited by Ted S.

The good thing about this is, since the article came out, December 3(?), no one remembers or cares about his views. I imagine

he is back in obscurity, by now.

• Moderators
[quote name="6.8 AR" post="1083757" timestamp="1387929384"]The good thing about this is, since the article came out, December 3(?), no one remembers or cares about his views. I imagine he is back in obscurity, by now.[/quote] He would be except for the fact that he just. won't. shut. up! In serious, he keeps writing more and more.
Guest TankerHC

Different guy.  This one's Robert J. Bateman.  The guy that wrote the crap article is Robert L. Bateman.

I'd hate to be Robert J, He is being bashed by people all over the web because of Robert L, the note that he owned those companies came from a news article. So is Robert J an actual infantry Officer and is Robert L the State Guard guy some are talking about who has never even served on active duty? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theconstitutionrocks
What i find very disturbing about this LTC is that he seems to advocate the government / military holding all the cards while seeming to give no assurances that the principles of constitutional protection to the public will not be violated on his watch. As such he, his assertions, and the placement of his loyalties become suspect
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeh, but he's a liberal in a uniform. The real problem is the liberal out of the uniform, and in the Congress, like Shumer

and Feinstein. As much as I despise the message from him, the other two loudmouths are more dangerous to our liberties,

if only for their rank within the national power structure.

But there are people who will fall in lockstep with this guy. They're the ones who don't think.