Taurus Stainless 44 Mag????

bersaguy

I have an opportunity to purchase a Taurus Stainless 44 Mag, 8 inch barrel and shoulder holster with 3 boxes of ammo for $400.00 bucks. Only thing gun needs is a rear sight replaced as gun was dropped and rear sight was damaged. Since I am not familiar with this gun I would like some opinions on if the gun is worth the asking price? Would like to hear from folks that own them and what they think about them.

Thanks  Bersaguy

Guest earlybird

My wife has a Taurus Tracker in .22lr It is a damn fine shooter. Ate some .22 that was so old it should not have been shot. And it is more accurate then any other pistol I have. I would say that is not a bad deal. 

Guest jwrench75
I have a model 44, 6 1/2" ported. Shoots fine, just a bit too large to carry around. At least that's the excuse I used later to buy a glock 29, haha. Sounds like a good deal though, especially if they are throwing in $100 worth of ammo.

Thanks for all the information. I can have Sam replace the rear sight. He said the sight would cost about 60.00 bucks and he would install it and sight it in for 25.00 plus ammo shot. I'm gonna offer the guy 325.00 and if he takes it I will buy it. Other wise I am going to pass on it. There a re few on Gun Brokers for 300.00 that have been on for a few days to a few weeks that have not got any bids to date so must not be a gun in demand right now anyway. I know I really don't have a use for it but will buy it if I can get the price I am offering only because he is a friend selling it and lives near me.

Thanks for the replies

• Like 2