Speaking of HiPoints....

Caster

Recent thread about HiPoints got me thinking...(uh ohh)

Anyone picked up their new carbine in 45 acp yet?
I admit I am mildly tempted. I have a good pile of Hornday 250g JHP's I was gonna use for 45 colt but they would be right smart in a 16inch barrel rifle. Great truck gun thumper. Edited by Caster

My dad has one, shoots so much better than mine in 9mm. The 45acp has a slow steady recoil in that platform and it makes it a dream to shoot, even with the wonky springy butt pad

If your 995 shoots nearly as well as mine - which shoots better and is more accurate and reliable than it has any right to be - then that .45 must be downright awesome.  

To answer the OP, I don't have anything in .45 (acp or colt) or in .40.  I'm mostly interested in buying revolvers, right now, but I do keep going back and forth about getting a used HiPoint pistol in either .40 or .45 and if I do then I will probably have to eventually pick up a carbine to go with it.  I have seen postings online where guys claim to have taken deer from close range (30 to 40 yards or so) with the .40 carbines and claim the deer were pretty much DRT.  Not that such is much of a consideration, for me - I have much better deer guns.  I just might want one to fill a caliber hole.  Then, again, I am not sure I want to get in to yet another caliber of ammo and have also considered just picking up a HiPoint 9mm pistol to go with the carbine just so they can share magazines (the carbine mag will work in the pistols but not vice versa.)

Edited by JAB

I wouldn't mind having one in .45acp.  I had one in 9mm and it was a pretty fun little carbine!  PITA to break down and clean,  but as Oh Shoot says, why you cleaning a Hi-Point?  Just squirt some Break-Free in it and shot it some more!

The newer models have quick release pins for faster breakdown, supposedly our older models can be retro-fitted...

Anybody looking for a TS stock? I swapped back to my ATI Storm knock-off

That was my biggest complainant about them! Glad they corrected that!

I have owned & shot 9mm .40 and .45 carbines and all the pistols as well.

Gotta love lifetime warranty and made in USA!

Too bad they were lost in the tragic boat fire that claimed all my guns.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can replace all them.