Another Sausage Treat

The thread about the sausage muffins got me thinking about pinwheels.  I used to make sausage pinwheels from scratch but have found an easier way,

What you need:

Wax paper

1 can of Pillsbury Cresent Rolls

1 lb of venison sausage ( or regular)

Lay out a piece of wax paper.  Open the can of crescent rolls and carefully unroll into a big rectangle.  The dough is perforated so you can tear it into triangles.  Just mush the perforations and seams together so you have a big rectangle.  Next just use your hands and pull, tear the sausage apart  and spread the sausage over the dough.  You do not want to take your time because the warmer the dough gets, the harder it is to work with.  

Starting with the short end of the rectangle, roll the the dough and sausage up into a log.  Wrap the wax paper around it and put it in the freezer for about an hour.  Putting it in the freezer lets the log firm up and makes it much easier to cut.  Now cut the log into round discs and bake on a cookie sheet.  Do not use a cooking stone.  The pinwheels crisp up better on a baking sheet.  

You can make a couple logs at a time and keep the extras in the freezer.  Then slice off and bake as needed.

Delicious!

[URL=http://s196.photobucket.com/user/kahrman/media/D3E5514D-AC2B-42BD-BD82-582D33A16879_zpsqctctpua.jpg.html]D3E5514D-AC2B-42BD-BD82-582D33A16879_zps[/URL]

• Like 2

Man, that looks good.  Wonder if that'd work with straight up ground deer meat?  I just ground a nice little 4 pointer week before last.  I love deer meat but sausage makes me nauseated.  Dunno why.  Hurts me in my chest when I eat it too.  

I got some ground deer meat thawing right now I was gonna have deer meat sloppy joes but I think we might have a menu change this evening.  Thanks KharMan!

Sausage..( any kind )
mushroom caps and cream cheese..
cook sausage, mix with cream cheese and stuff into mushroom caps.. bake until brown on top..
you wont be able to stop eating those

you`re welcome;)

Mmmmmm..... Stuffed mushrooms. One of my favorite treats. Now I have to put mushrooms on the grocery list.
  • Like 1

Man, that looks good.  Wonder if that'd work with straight up ground deer meat?  I just ground a nice little 4 pointer week before last.  I love deer meat but sausage makes me nauseated.  Dunno why.  Hurts me in my chest when I eat it too.  

I got some ground deer meat thawing right now I was gonna have deer meat sloppy joes but I think we might have a menu change this evening.  Thanks KharMan!

Csater( ;) ),

That should work just fine.  If beef fat was not added to the venison when it was ground up, you might want to add some ground pork for fat.  I also like to add a little cumin for flavor.