Urban Black Chicago response to State of the Union Address

Guest TankerHC

I've been telling people this for years.  Yes, Obama gets a lot of black voters.  Yes, I know quite a few black people who voted for him.  But, it is VERY rare that I hear any of them saying anything positive about Obama.  Actually, most of them have told me that they're not falling for the finger pointing.  

The Dems only court them when they need votes, promising jobs and opportunity, and then promptly abandon them. Even worse, when Dems return for those votes, Obama just gives them a speech in his best MLK voice basically saying, "Sorry I've done nothing for ya, but hang with me folks because, who ELSE you gonna vote for?  Republicans?"

And when they give millions of illegals amnesty and any hope of finding employment goes bye-bye, you're going to see a mass exodus the likes of which would haunt any ancient pharoah's nightmares.

"Patronage, nepotism and cronyism". I thought that one was good, too. Some of those guys are pretty damned sharp!

That bald guy saying "He ain't done nothing as state senator". Of course, he came back and said Chicago is one of the most

democratic cities. Nothing more contrary than that. Only thing that changed since the Capone days is the person who took

his place.

http://youtu.be/L7mYg6Gt15o

These people get it!

Obama has been a failure and a BS artist.

Now if the rest of the people he BS't will realize it and

protest and wake up and vote conservative people in,

not Republicans, we can get this country back on track.

Government can't create jobs!

The private sector with less regulations will!

They only get it partially, Chief. If you notice
what they said, which was pickled in thoughts
of not serving blacks, they were not as concerned
with much else. But it is a start in the right direction.

At least they get some of it. I would love to see them get the rest of it.
Guest theconstitutionrocks

To stimulate the economy you need to create jobs and have competative exports (that's why China is a global economic powerhouse)...now, that said, here's the rub...If you cannot produce goods and services at competative prices and quality, then the other countries (consumers) will buy from someone else. Realistically....how do you compete with a country that undercuts you because they pay their workers pittance while we have required wages, insurance, etc (not necessarily a bad thing). 

Unless you can remain competative or you can develop a no kidding, gotta have one of a kind item that the rest of the world desperately needs (in which case you can set your own price) you are at the mercy of competing manufacturers and the consumer.

As long as China has the "Most Favored Nation" trading status, not much will change in the way of job creation. We need to tax/tarrif the attraction off the imports so that manufacturing will remain at home, then the playing field would be leveled and people of every ethnic flavor could get the jobs that "Made in the USA" creates.

• Like 1