Just got a Mosin....I see work in my future!

Guest Useable Tag

Where are some good places to pick one up? I'm not opposed to getting one online, but I'd just assume get one local to me (Nashville area). Seems a waste to spend $50 on shipping & transfer fees for a $150 rifle. Plus I can oogle, I mean, inspect them before picking one out.

Nashville sporting arms has about 10 last time I was in there.

Also be sure to disassemble your bolt and clean the Cosmo out of it. I like brake cleaner for this job, and if you're really lazy you don't even have to disassemble it to clean it this way. Just be sure to lightly oil after using the brake cleaner - otherwise you risk rust.

Also clean up the magazine - usually a bunch of cosmo in there

This. At least.

I'm not sure why some people just give theirs a cursory wipe down. I wouldn't let any of my other rifles sit around with all that crud on and inside them, why would I a Nagant?

I also don't get why people set out to do full "restoration" or sporter projects either. Clean it up, shoot it, repeat.

I guess I'd rather someone leave it gunky than start stripping the finish right off.
^exactly. Do people not know that most of these rifles are re-arsenaled? There is nothing to "restore" on them

This. At least.
I'm not sure why some people just give theirs a cursory wipe down. I wouldn't let any of my other rifles sit around with all that crud on and inside them, why would I a Nagant?
I also don't get why people set out to do full "restoration" or sporter projects either. Clean it up, shoot it, repeat.
I guess I'd rather someone leave it gunky than start stripping the finish right off.

Tin foil hat alert.

I hope dealers already have tens of thousands of Mosins in stock already along with millions of rounds of 7.62x54 because I have a feeling BoBo is going to ban imports from Russia. Of course surplus ammo can be had from other countries. I have some Hungarian ammo that has brass casings, rare for 7.62x54.
I thought about that once, then I thought about all the work, the money on the stock,scope,bolt, ect. Instead of all that I should just buy a new Remington 700 in .308 or 30-06 and scope. Better rifle and better shooter.

This. At least.

• Like 1