Gun Rights, Can we make a difference for Tennessee?

DaveTN

As I said I don’t know how things work here, but according to you legislation is for sale and the price you have put on acknowledging the right to bear arms is 32 million dollars. So if someone wrote a check to John Harris for 32 mil what would happen then? (That can’t happen now that the legislation is on the table)

I apologize if that sounds harsh but this is the legislation that pro carry folks want. It is within arm’s reach. If you want to blame this on us because we haven’t sent in enough money I would think you might want to bounce that off John Harris first.

I’m done with this before I get in trouble. I’m on a pro-gun forum arguing with a representative of the TFA about why legislation to have us takes our place as a Constitutional Carry state can’t pass after it has been proposed. Unbelievable.

I don't know how to adequately describe this to you Dave, I have tried, I really have.  Not enough people are pledging money to legislators for re-election to override the purchase power of Leadership on the issue.  The Chamber of Commerce does not want this, and as they give more money to legislators than all other groups (and realize if you can, that Big Business funds them) what the Chamber wants, the Chamber gets.

Dennis never intended for this so called bill to be debated on the floor, it has no co-sponsors, not one, there are no co-sponsors in the Senate, none.  If any of the representatives were for it, they would be Prime co-sponsors It is simply a game he is running to try and save his political hide.  Want to do something to futher the cause of firearms rights in TN, help beat that phony this year.   Money and time is all it takes.

You wirte a check to the TFA PAC for $32 mil, I wll start giving you results, because then I can register as a lobbyist and start passing out $20,000.00 per cycle instead of the $250.00 we can afford at the present.  But By God we are at least inthe fight, and in the know of what the facts are.  I told you above what we have to do to get some results, beat the Establishment guys in the hinter regions.  If we get Dennis and Rich this year, it will send shock waves, just like getting Maggart did.  the NRA put up $75K for that one, but it was foot leather that mad eht difference.  Did you Dave, go to the 45th District a single time and walk the streets and knock on doors?  I did for two months, I also put up my personal money, giving the maximum I could to Rogers campaign in both cycles because I felt it that important.

The only real firearms Rights advocate that we had in the House was Judd Matheney, he put his political head on the block two years back and there was no support for him, Harwell took his Speaker Pro Tempore position and gave it to another of her lackeys.  He is now an also ran, with no power.

Now, as far as "bouncing" something about money off of John Harris, you are talking about things you have absolutely no knowledge of.  As a representative of the TFA as you call it, I get as a benefit, to spend endless hours in my personal vehicle, burning my own gas to travel all over to speak to people, grassroots groups etc. who wish to learn the facts of legislation and what we need to do to get over the obstacles of the Establishment who seek simply to gain power and exert control, (that or the time I spend at the legislature, where I take my vacation to spend my gas to drive from Jackson to Nashville).  It is what the politicians sell, access to the plebeians and venues to exert power to the powerful.

You start throwing insinuations about money about, get ready to put some facts up, because it cost me plenty out of my pocket to do the things I do for the effort, believe you me, those boys in Nashville keep a close eye on me, they would love to shut me up, do they even know who you are?

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 4

What's "unbelievable" is that even after acknowledging "you don't know how things work here" and that you know no politicians and apparently have no clue about what it will take to get pro-firearm legislation passed you continue to disparage the TFA and browbeat those whoDO have a clue....now that really is UNBELIEVABLE.

I didn’t mention the TFA until Worriedman made his condescending remark about me by name. If he wants to make fun of me and then blame us because we didn’t start firing off checks to John Harris; so be it.

Why don't you spend less time complaining and spend the time finding out how it DOES work here.

Go back to the start of this thread and read my post. This thread was for ideas on how to help this bill. You may well be the power broker for politics in Tennessee, but I refuse to believe the non-sense you are spouting.

You start throwing insinuations about money about, get ready to put some facts up, because it cost me plenty out of my pocket to do the things I do for the effort, believe you me, those boys in Nashville keep a close eye on me, they would love to shut me up, do they even know who you are?

I didn’t make any insinuations about money; you did. Don’t you dare try to make it look like I have accused you of any improprieties about money. You made the statement that if the hunters would have ponied up the money we could get this bill through. Why you picked the hunters instead of the HCP holders, I don’t know but I don’t care either.

Of course they don’t know who I am; why would they? I’m just a guy trying to see if we can get some traction for a change in the law we all want.
I thought I was helping, excuse me for being so stupid about how things are done. I’ll be quiet now and watch to see if you and Robert are going to lead, follow or get out of the way.

If you are so simple as to not understand that money drives the legislature, then there is no help for you.  In another thread where you insinuated that all that had to happen was getting the folks to call, I posted the names, e-mail addresses of the committee that has the choke hold on this non-bill, (which you evidently do not understand yet). Have you spoken to them? You continue to mouth off about how this is the golden opportunity to regain our rights in Tennessee, but there is no push from any legislator to do so, and I have told you that from the time the bill was first put up.  That ticked you off, but I talked to every friendly legislator up there and they told me then it was a charade, which I reported here and you high headed off giving me crap about it.  Did you talk to anyone or simply flap your gums on the interweb?

I made the statement about the lottery in semi-jest, as I do not have enough personal money to outspend the Chamber and Fed Ex. Notice I never mentioned 32 million dollars, that was your figure from my mention of 1.6 million hunters, (well add in 500K HCP holders too that on average donate nothing either), but it was used simply to show that we have the strength if we would but use it.  You took the bit and acted an ass about it, when what I said was correct.

You did intone that there was something up with money:

If you want to blame this on us because we haven’t sent in enough money I would think you might want to bounce that off John Harris first.

I don't have to bounce anything off of John, what exactly was your intention there if not to besmirch? I am a Board Member, I know exactly what is in the PAC, and it is not enough to make a dent against the Chamber and Amazon.

Twice in this run you have mentioned John Harris and money.  Nobody ask anyone to send any money to any person in this organization.  He and I both refuse to be paid for speaking anywhere or being reimbursed for our gas to get there.  We do have a PAC which a lot of trouble to manage and do all the reporting, I am the treasurer on another with Tea Party, and can attest to the time and trouble it takes to keep it legal and up to date.  It opens me to enhanced scrutiny in both cases from the IRS and State officials.

You want to put in that much time and effort into the fight fine, otherwise it might be prudent to listen to those who are actively involved and have been for years here.

I have offered you two scenarios that would helpo lead to gaining what it is you seek, and not once have you asked how you could get involved to make a difference.

I am dealing with a very sick wife, and a Mother put into Memory Care by meth thugs that ran over my aged parents, I still work a 60 hour week.  I think what I will do is back out of this forum and you can see what you can achieve.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 1

...Go back to the start of this thread and read my post. This thread was for ideas on how to help this bill. You may well be the power broker for politics in Tennessee, but I refuse to believe the non-sense you are spouting.

I'm no "power broker" but I do know enough to learn from those who know more than I do; a concept that some haven't grasped yet.

You've said you don't understand how it works in TN and you've made it perfectly clear that you don't want to learn; just complain and disparage.