Anybody

dralarms

I'm with you RD. It was nice to be able to take my .40 out and not load a mag the whole time I'm at the range.

Hey, here's 1,000 rounds of Wolf for $240!! http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/ammo-for-rifles/223-rem-5-56mm-nato-/p/223-wolf-55gr-fmj%2C-1000-rounds-/cPath/12_38/products_id/453

That Wolf stuff didn't cycle ONCE in my self-built J&T AR. Every round locked up tight, and required hammering a block of wood on the release latch to get the casing out after firing. Yes, the chambers were clean. I tried Wolf on two separate occasions, and all different types of brass cased ammo worked just fine, while the Wolf choked it up bad. I'm not here to discredit those who say Wolf is fine in their guns, I just want to let it be known that I had problems with it. Maybe it will feed fine in my next AR, and I'll give it a try again when I build another.

Edited by musicman
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest B J Elliott
Ever buy a gun, put it in the safe and forget they bought it?:doh: I was going through my safe tonight trying to figure out why my safe seems to be shrinking:tinfoil: and lo and behold I found a Ruger SP101 stainless I had bought from Legends when they had a killer sale and stuck it in the safe. Dang now I'm worried what else I might find in there.:stunned:

I had decided that I needed to make a list with SN's and that's what started it all, I also had not reliased that I had bought / traded so many guns with fellow TGOer's this last year. I sure got some good deals.:stare:

I know that you are joking, right?? BJ

That Wolf stuff didn't cycle ONCE in my self-built J&T AR. Every round locked up tight, and required hammering a block of wood on the release latch to get the casing out after firing. Yes, the chambers were clean. I tried Wolf on two separate occasions, and all different types of brass cased ammo worked just fine, while the Wolf choked it up bad. I'm not here to discredit those who say Wolf is fine in their guns, I just want to let it be known that I had problems with it. Maybe it will feed fine in my next AR, and I'll give it a try again when I build another.

Hmmm, interesting. I have never heard of Wolf doing that on every round, or even at all. Usually there are feeding problems due to low power, or extraction issues due to the poly/lacquer coating (but that usually occurs after firing many rounds). I hope the headspacing on your barrel was correct. Also, the chamber could have been out of spec. To be honest, I have never been a fan of Doublestar stuff. Hopefully it will work in your next AR, or you could sell it to me for proper disposal. :doh: Don't give up on Wolf yet!

I thought I'd lost a shotgun one time. Went looking for it to use on opening dove day a few years ago. I finally found it in one of my footlockers in the attic, packed up tight with a bunch of old books...a couple years later. Why did i put it in there? I'll never know.

Guest canynracer
.... I have ammo and don't want to shoot it because then I will not have it anymore. LOL WTF?

I am pretty, nay, VERY tight on budget right now, so, I dont want to be WITHOUT ammo, but I still would like to shoot...I didnt say I dont WANT to shoot.

Guest canynracer

I agree Mike...I started looking for that today...I think I might go with an ATI GSG MP5 replica...they are FUN, The range I go to has one, they just got it...holy crap its fun....But alas...its too expensive

GERG2222MP5.jpg

I will be looking for a cheaper hangun or semi auto....it'll be a bit before I can buy one though.

I dunno about that GSG thingy. I believe it needs ammo that costs more than 550 bulk packs do. Most of what I read is it does not cycle well on plinking ammo but runs great on mini mags and the like. then you are at about $10 for 100 rounds.

You might could find a used Buckmark or Ruger auto loading .22 for under 250 bucks. They run on bulk pack ammo IMHO.

I would stick to looking for a Model 60 or a Stevens in semi auto or bolt.

Guest canynracer

Cool, Thanks man!!!!! The one I rented at the range, I was loading cci (?) in the 100 pack..I dont know much about .22's..

I am goin to look at the ones you suggested....thanks again!!!!