stolen Beretta 92FSS

Guest wado66

Guest wado66

Guys I know I'll probably never see her again but I gotta put it out there.
A week ago someone broke into my truck and stole a Beretta 92F stainless steel 9mm.
I bought her in 1991 new. Was my first new gun purchase. I wanted one for so long and finally saved the money to get one.
Either way she is gone. So if anyone in the Tennessee area sees one for sale I would appreciate a PM.

92F.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Was anything else stolen? If not, was anyone aware it was in there? As in, an acquaintance that turns out to be a low life that will steal from you. While it's not 100% secure, if I have to leave mine in the car in goes in a gun vault cable locked to my seat frame.

I hope you get it back and if it was hidden in truck my guess is someone that knew you or knows you........jmho.  My home was burglarized back in 1988 and 17 guns were taken. Mine and both of my two sons shotguns. It was reported and all serial numbers recorded with Sheriffs office in report. Home owners covered the loss but many of the guns had sentimental value insurance can never replace. It has been almost 26 years since the guns were taken and to this day not one of them has turned up anyplace. Not pawn shops, crimes scenes, traffic stops or anything else. There is little doubt it was not someone that knew my family and knew we we not at home but at the hospital because my oldest son was in a coma from an auto accident and we had not been home for over 2 weeks so it was someone that knew us and our situation. I do call the Sheriffs office about 1 time a month and ask but get the same answer every time. I do hope you recover your Beretta.   

Never give up hope. I was doing a transfer for a guy a couple of years ago. It was a Winchester O/U shotgun that he bought off Gunbroker. TICS informed me that the gun had been reported stolen and local police were on the way to pick it up. Turns out it was stolen in Illinois back in 1974. It took 38 years but it was recovered.

• Like 1
Guest wado66

Thanks for the advice.

Gun was reported to law enforcement. Gave them the pic and serial#.

Very odd how it happened. It stays in my center console. I checked on a Tuesday when I got in my truck. Gun was there. Didn'y check again until Thursday evening and gun was gone.

I lock my doors religously and there was no signs of forced entry. Noone has access to my vehicle but me.

The police said it could have been a possibility that at some point I either forgot to lock my doors or the remote in my pocket somehow inadvertently got pressed. Who knows.

I even started questioning myself. But when I sat down and really back traced my steps I remember actually putting the gun in my truck.

As Bersaguy said, it could have been worse. 17 guns?? I feel for you. Nothing worse than a theif!

I figure if I ever have a shot at recovery it will probably be after it changes hands 4 or 5 times.

Who knows Eray maybe one day. 38 years from now I won't even remember I owned a Beretta 92...lol

You could try entering it here just so others are aware.

http://www.hotgunz.com/

One thing I like about FL is that they have a state website that you can check before purchasing a used gun. Just enter the serial number and it will let you know if it's been reported stolen.

I have harped on it a lot before but posting serial numbers and having a database do nothing to recover stolen items. I first heard the theory as a freshmen in college, I thought it was crazy. I realized it was true when I became an officer, friends would ask me to run a number and I would tell them that I had to keep it if it was stolen. They would say never mind. They wanted to know if it was stolen but didn't want to be out a gun if it was. Like mentioned before, it may very well be someone around you who knows you, let word get out that it was stolen but you did NOT know the serial number, I bet it will appear for sale. Otherwise, let someone know that it was recorded as a stolen serial number and it will disappear in a river or tucked deep into a sock drawer as a throw down gun. If it is in the hands of a gangbanger they wont care if it is stolen, it will eventually be found on a dead thug or during a pat down. If it is in the hands of a gun collector who finds out it was stolen it will be deep in a safe never seeing daylight, stripped for parts and each part sold on gunbroker, or carefully carried back in forth from the range. Very, very few people would be honest enough to come forward to the police if they found their new weapon was previously stolen. Edited by Patton
  • Like 2

Best hope is that someone will pawn it. All guns going through a background check in Tennessee are checked to see if they are stolen. Not the case in most other states. If it stays in Tennessee, there is a good chance that one day, it will be found.

Best hope is that someone will pawn it. All guns going through a background check in Tennessee are checked to see if they are stolen. Not the case in most other states. If it stays in Tennessee, there is a good chance that one day, it will be found.

True, Georgia I have been told does not check serial numbers.

Never give up hope. I was doing a transfer for a guy a couple of years ago. It was a Winchester O/U shotgun that he bought off Gunbroker. TICS informed me that the gun had been reported stolen and local police were on the way to pick it up. Turns out it was stolen in Illinois back in 1974. It took 38 years but it was recovered.

Wow. Yes never give up. My buddy found his stolen things in a pawn shop listing on Craigslist.