M14's at my unit......

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GT_Rat

Nice. When I was in the Navy on the USS Nassau we had somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 of those. I don't think any of them got shot except for the 3 we used for line handling the entire time I was on board.

Guest Verbal Kint
Very nice. Now what are you asking for them? C'mon, don't tell me they'd miss one or two of those.

It's SF... of course they wouldn't miss them. Well, not until the next 100% probably. :2cents:

Guest gcrookston

Years ago a shooting buddy of mine was head of security detail at Barksdale. They requested and received M21's for their detachment. The half dozen they received (way pre-9-11), were shot out POS. When they asked to have them rebuilt, where-ever they were getting them from told them to dispose of the existing rifles and they would receive new rifles. Dispose? Destroy... My A.R.M.S. mount came off of one of the rifles... Apparently the Clinton administration didn't want them...

Fast forward about 15 years, and my son showed me a pic of his 3/2 Stryker unit in Bakuba with one soldier armed with an M21 with a suppressor. I've been asking him for that pic.

Backward about 15 years, and my brother was giving me the mini-tour of Littlecreek and here were all these M21s in a row in the armory.. They were very elegant. The Master-Chief who'd built them had recently retired (he'd also built the M14s and M1s for the Navy rifle team from the 1960's to the late 1980's) and I was able to contact him and he built mine for me... to NSN spec, with the exception of the receiver and stock.

dsc001071jp2.jpg

It shoots sub-moa... here are 3/3 shot groups @ 100 yrds sighting in after new rings, starting counter clockwise from center target...

dsc00133sv2-1.jpg

They are great rifles, you so are lucky to get to play with them... I'm jealous. Take care of them.

Edited by gcrookston
It's SF... of course they wouldn't miss them. Well, not until the next 100% probably. :tough:

I like my new job and don't want to have to watch my cornhole...:2cents:

And that's a nice M21 BTW. I just got a Springfield M1A yesterday. Now off to trick it out.....

Don't listen to them you need to give me one.

We will be going to Smyrna in the near future to do some quals with them for S&G's. Maybe I can get a few back into FA by then. I know several departments use the same range. I am sure a demo could be arranged, just don't try to walk off with any of them....:2cents:

...... I found out about six months ago that the base honor guard had 12 M14's assigned to them.....

You have got to be S--TING Me!!!

We can't find enough M14s for the Big Army and an ANG honor guard had 12 to "drill" with!!!!! :cheers:

Well - - - At least those 12 didn't meet up with "Captain Crush" at Anniston during the Clinton years.

You have got to be S--TING Me!!!

We can't find enough M14s for the Big Army and an ANG honor guard had 12 to "drill" with!!!!! :cheers:

Well - - - At least those 12 didn't meet up with "Captain Crush" at Anniston during the Clinton years.

That was the first thing I thought of. How the Army and the Corps were trying to get those back for DMR's and these were just sitting here not even being used. I am trying to get them assigned to us for use as DMR's but typical USAF keeps getting the way.

Edited by TNRobocop
Those H&R's are worth some serious coin!!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, (and I may well be) unless it has a selector switch on the left hand side of the receiver, its' an M1A...Am I wrong here?

These all have the happy switches on them on the right side of the receiver.

Guest gcrookston
Those H&R's are worth some serious coin!!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, (and I may well be) unless it has a selector switch on the left hand side of the receiver, its' an M1A...Am I wrong here?

they are not worth the penny you can pee on... civilians will never see them, own them, love them or carry them...

• 4 weeks later...

Some retarded monkey on here decided to call Robocops place of employment and mentioned he was trying to sell one of these fine pieces to the general public. Sorry stupid monkey, but the above mentioned is a fine person and can atleast read what the topic is about.

Class III (NFA) Firearms and Accessories Discussion :screwy:of Class III topics such as: Suppressors, Short BBL rifles, Any Other Weapons, etc.

Anyone who is educated enough knows the differance in Discussion and classifieds. Sorry to vent, but credit had to be given to someone who deserves it. Somebody out there deserves to be kicked in the ballz!!!

Guest Verbal Kint

Wait... what? Someone from TGO made that accusation?

Hmm.

Very well could have been a lurking visitor... maybe from another known site that likes to stir **** up? Just tossing out possibilities. Either way, that seriously blows. Hopefully nothing came of it, as this thread clearly shows there was no intent or misconduct.

Gotta love *******s in the world. :eek:

That sucks someone did that.

They either didn't read the thread, didn't comprehend what they were reading, or were trying to stir **** up.

*I will say that I thought it was unwise to post complete serial numbers of US Government Property/Weapons, but I guess we've come a long way since the "loose lips sink ships" type of OPSEC.