Pulled the trigger so to speak

vontar

Well, right or wrong, mostly expensive I just ordered me a Colt Defender 9mm.

I have wanted one for a long time and I didn't ask opinions cause everyone has one.

I will defend my 9mm choice.  I got 9mm over .45 mainly so my wife won't be afraid to shoot it. 

I got it in stainless Steel.

I know I could have got others cheaper but this is what I wanted.  Plus I wanted at least 1 colt in my collection.

congrats!   I looked long at those but its one size too big for my preferred pocket carry.  Still a very, very nice gun.   9mm is probably the most popular carry round,  so it should not be an issue for you.   I think you picked a nice one!

Congrats on the new pistol(order).

I really like the 1911 with the 9mm round. I have an RIA, but thinking of another as well.

The RIA is a great range gun, and knock-around pistol. I'm having the GI sights replaced with some Bomar combat sights right now and hope to have it back soon. Sam at Ashenbrenners in Gallatin is doing it, and while I was there I started looking and talking about getting him to build me a 9.

It sure is tempting, especially after holding one of his builds.

congrats!   I looked long at those but its one size too big for my preferred pocket carry.  Still a very, very nice gun.   9mm is probably the most popular carry round,  so it should not be an issue for you.   I think you picked a nice one!

The Colt Mustang for a .380 looked nice, a little smaller I think.  But I didn't want to drop to .380.

Not saying I wouldn't like one though.

The Colt Mustang for a .380 looked nice, a little smaller I think.  But I didn't want to drop to .380.

Not saying I wouldn't like one though.

ended up with sig 938 which is 9mm in the mustang frame.  But for a while the defender was in the top 3 as I agonized over it.

wow, the price dropped to 882 today.  Kinda pissed.

I called buds, and they would only direct me to the price protection buysafe on their site.

It is price protection up to 100 bucks.  Here's hoping they except my claim.

Congrats on the new pistol(order).

I really like the 1911 with the 9mm round. I have an RIA, but thinking of another as well.

The RIA is a great range gun, and knock-around pistol. I'm having the GI sights replaced with some Bomar combat sights right now and hope to have it back soon. Sam at Ashenbrenners in Gallatin is doing it, and while I was there I started looking and talking about getting him to build me a 9.

It sure is tempting, especially after holding one of his builds.

I have seen/touched some of Sam's work. You wouldn't be disappointed.

Just wondering has anyone used Budsgunshop price protection via the buy safe on their website?

I started the claim process after talking to a guy (Steve) at buds that suggested that was the only option for a price match.

I still can't believe it, it dropped over 100 dollars in 1 day after I watched it for about a week before buying.

Wow, buysafe appears to have covered me fast.

My gun hasn't shipped yet and buysafe just sent me an email that my claim had been approved for the maximum 100 and it should land in my paypal with in 7 days.

I know people are not a fan of paypal but I didn't want to wait on a check. 

Also the gun is now more expensive on buds then when I first ordered.   lol.

Edited by vontar

The refund landed in my paypal account shortly after that last post.

My order has finally left pending E check and off to shipping.  no tracking number yet but I can almost feel it in my hand.  I hope I have it before the week is over.

Well, I got my gun, got the price protection. 

Very happy with it,  going to give it a cleaning, make sure it is ready to go out to the range Saturday.  No pictures yet but I will get some in show and tell later.