Dog attack while jogging

TMF

[quote name="dawgdoc" post="1154881" timestamp="1401758926"] The main thing to worry about is the infection from the dog bite; it can abscess and get bad a few days after the bite.[/quote] Luckily, it appears that the bite didn't even break the skin. The dog was much smaller than her. That isn't really the point though. We shouldn't have to deal with that when we are on a public road going from A to B. I feel bad that my dog has to deal with this and is expected to ignore it. The POS owner of the dogs was combative (as expected), but I wonder how they would feel if I shot one of her dogs next time it attacks; or how about if I hit the thing with a pepper blaster? I bet she'd be livid. I don't understand why the concept of securing a pet is such a problem. People like this are the type of people that need to be kicked off the planet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote name="nightrunner" post="1155012" timestamp="1401798278"]A pepper blaster sounds like a great solution. Im not sure but i dont that would be illegal, correct?[/quote] It's nothing more than a pepper spray, just more gelatinous so it will stick better. Neat stuff to have in your kit bag. I carry it as a less than lethal for bums and drunks. Easier than having to use fists. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote name="nightrunner" post="1155029" timestamp="1401801989"]If its the Kimber version, im familiar with it but the way the laws are now, you get in more trouble for doing things to animals than you do humans, didnt know if that would fall under animal cruelty or something.[/quote] Mail carriers spray dogs all the time. No issues using spray to stop a dog attack. Probably better than shooting the dog. Several years ago my wife was walking our small dog and was attacked by a boxer which was allowed to run loose. Due to the size of the animal I'd have shot it right there. She was able to pull it off and scare it away. Could have gone worse. I megaloathe people who let their dogs run loose. It is an animal; there is no way to know what it will do. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk