Alabama Holster Review (Picture Heavy)

Just wanted to pass some information on regarding these holsters. I ordered my holster on April 14th and received the holster on June 9th. Not the fastest turn around but i would consider it acceptable.

I purchased the keydex pocket holster for a Kahr PM9. Most will agree that pocket carry is not the best way to carry a concealed firearm. However, there are times when i cannot conceal a firearm with traditional methods. That's the purpose of this gun and holster. Deep concealment. At first glance, i was impressed by the quality and the retention. This holster will pass the shake test (holster the gun, hold it upside down in the holster and shake without supporting the weapon). At the same time, it is very quick to deploy. As far as i know, Alabama holster is the only company to feature a tab to "push off" the holster with your thumb. This was one of the main selling points for me.
889D02F9-1ECA-40E7-8F41-2DDE96813C97_zps4B990E61-1F06-4CF1-BB76-A47CA4314CD5_zps3C75F7CA-2674-487C-AFBB-C19738F50584_zps
After carrying this rig for a few days, i will say its heavy. That's not the fault of the holster but it's the price you pay for a 9mm that can be pocket carried without tacticool pants. Overall, i am very satisfied with the holster. With a LCP or the like, you would probably have no issue carrying without "dressing around the gun."

As for me, this method will fill a hole in my carry line-up. I don't plan to carry like this often but i love the option. With summer in full swing, its great to drop a 9mm with 6+1 in your pocket and go about your business without alerting anyone.

http://www.alabamaholster.com/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review.

I'm in the exact same boat - I don't like or hardly ever pocket carry, but it is a needed option sometimes. I looked at them for the same holster for my LCR. Just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet. They also make a belt holster for phones with the magpul case that I really want.

Their not the only ones with the thumb push tab, but one of few - its just about a necessity for quick, sure pocket draw IMO. More pocket holsters should have them.