Important Update regarding Park Carry Bill and expansion of carry rights

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SomeGuy

Mars, as long as Naifeh is speaker, it is a no-go.

Even if we had 90 of the 99 reps on our side on this bill, he would have the 9 who are anti+those who would turn on us due to their loyalty to Naifeh in the committees to kill it.

There are quite a few Reps (some Republicans even) who would literally sell out their own mothers for Naifeh.

It is possible 2184 will somehow slip by, and we should hope for and push for that, but it is a slim chance.

I called my Rep., Debra Maggart, several times about taxes and the park carry bill to express my opinions and she called me last night to let me know how she was planning on voting on the tax increases and I also brought up the park carry bill and she told me she was pro 2nd amendment. She said she was surprised that the carry bill got as for as it did b/c the TWRA was against it along with with people that were over the parks. She said she only got only a couple of calls on this issue. I told her that I think if law abiding citizens were allowed to legal carry in parks crime would go down b/c criminals already carry illegally, a sign will not stop them and it assure them that law abiding have no way to protect themselves. Hopefully I made convincing statements as to why we need this bill passed in Tn. I think Rep. Maggart is doing a good job and proud to have her as my Rep.

You know, non-passage of these laws makes two types of people carry illegally in parks.

One type is the criminal who wants to use his gun to his advantage to threaten or harm you. The other is the normally law abiding citizen who refuses to allow the first type to succeed in harming them or their family.

Naifeh and his ilk are vermin who are more interested in their own power than in the welfare of the people of this state. That's the message we need to spread.

Guest dpeneguy

Here is the reply from Rep. Niceley

Dear David:

The bill is taken off notice till next year. It was going to be killed in committee, so I took it off notice, so that maybe we can get enough support to pass it next session.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Rep. Frank Niceley

Guest dpeneguy

Yeah I sent him another email saying .. That we will not see any change in the laws in the house unless there is a Leadership change

Doesn't really matter if it makes it out of committee. Remember when Naifeh refused to allow a vote on other gun legislation that had been voted to the floor two or three years ago?

He's incredibly arrogant and power hungry. Until he goes, you might as well get used to being a criminal if you want to protect yourself and your family.

Naifeh is a thug that has bought his way in to power. Something similar to what the Fords and Pete's have done here in Memphis.

Until term limits are enacted, there isn't much that can be done, and guess who doesn't want term limits. And don't get me started on the voters are the ultimate in term limits.

I called Naifeh's office a while back and asked to speak to him. Of course he was busy in a meeting. I was asked to leave a message and expressed that I was hoping he would change his opinion on this bill and support it. The lady from his office I was speaking to basically laughed at my remark and said that there was no way he wuld be changing his mind.

I could not believe how rudely I was treated, kind of took me by suprise. Made me lose my train of thought.

I then said something to the effect that I hoped he would get voted out as he is not serving my best interests. That pretty much got me hung up on.

I used to consider myself a Democrat but they and I do not agree on much anymore.