Experience - Delton.com? (AR-15 parts)

R_Bert

Anyone use www.Del-Ton.com ?

I am wanting to get a Ace Ultra Lite Entry stock. Not many places carry them.

I was going to go direct with Ace website, but got hit with a *nasty* script from the site.  It even had a audio message to call a 1-800 # to fix the "problem" it claimed I had.  That site did it to me a few years ago also. Worse than Kel-Tec's infection a while back.

I ordered my complete rifle build kit from there.

Not a single problem. I would use them again with out hesitation.

At the time I ordered my kit it said the it would take about 12 weeks to be shipped.

I got tired of waiting and called them to change the options on the build and they sent it the next day.

Seemed to be very nice people and easy to contact.

Anytime I can call some one and NOT wait 5-10 mins before a HUMAN answers the phone is a +++++ for me.

Edited by TnShooter83
  • Like 1

Fwiw U can usually find used ace stocks on arfcom for a fraction of new. I picked up 3 ace stocks for 40 % new over time
Delton is gtg for online orders.
Hth

For whatever reason....probably because I didn't have interest in AR pre-TGO buy, I have not spent much time at all on arfcom. Maybe minutes. I had not even thought of them.

Am looking for the AR-UL-E Ultra Lite Entry model. Used would be fine. I can refinish if needed. Edited by R_Bert

I've ordered a few of their vented handguards directly from them in the last year, no problems for me. My dad and uncle both really liked the handguards to boot :)

Question - which handguards did they get?

Those round ones in the $50-$60 price range look really good if actually free-floating. Can't tell how they mount to the gun.
[quote name="R_Bert" post="1190155" timestamp="1410866123"]Question - which handguards did they get? Those round ones in the $50-$60 price range look really good if actually free-floating. Can't tell how they mount to the gun.[/quote] This is the exact one. http://www.del-ton.com/Free_Float_Tube_p/hg1024.htm They mount using their own barrel nut (uses regular wrench) that is threaded on the outside diameter and the handguard just threads onto the nut. Very easy install.

This is the exact one. http://www.del-ton.com/Free_Float_Tube_p/hg1024.htm They mount using their own barrel nut (uses regular wrench) that is threaded on the outside diameter and the handguard just threads onto the nut. Very easy install.

That's the one I was looking at.

Does it come with the barrel nut?  is there a way to mount a sling-swivel?

Thanks.

Edited by R_Bert

Yes,  I need the shorter one.  (I am small frame, short arms)

What trigger is that on the top one?

Remember w ace stocks "entry"means shorter. I have one like the one you're seeking it's the Long one, bottom one as shown: by8a6avu.jpg

Edited by R_Bert
  • 3 weeks later...

SO..

I end up ordering a Ace Skeleton Entry Stock from a company that ends in "usa.com".

I spent several weeks poring over the various vendors and configurations (Ace really annoys me). 

Chosen vendor's product description says "buffer extension included" and "carbine buffer not included" as well as "buffer spring not included".

Cool.  I order unit plus a DPMS carbine buffer and a JP polished buffer spring.

Supposed to arrive next week, actually arrives yesterday.... at neighbor's house...neighbor delivered today!

Cool!  I get to build my lower tonight!

WRONG :shake:

Apparently one of the versions of Ace configurations *DOES NOT* include the buffer extension, which is of course the one I received. :wall: