Beer Shopping!

Guest num7striker

Guest num7striker

So, I've recently been trying out different beers that are not your typical grocery store beers. Although my current favorite, Fat Tire, is now quite common in most stores!

Anyways, I spend time in Knoxville and Chattanooga. Where are some good spots that stock good selections of beer? Also, share some of your favorite brews!

I was also wondering if any grocery stores around Knoxville sell Smokey Mountain Brewery products? Their Velles Helles sure is tasty.

-Phil

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed

If you are around Knoxville I assume you have spent your fair share of time sampling the draft selection at Barleys? http://www.barleystaproom.com/

I also used to enjoy the selection at Taco-Mac in Chattanooga. www.taco-mac.com

Not exactly what you asked, but if you can get your significant other to drive ya home they are a great way to try out a bunch of different beers.

You can also try Whole Foods. They tend to have a good selection. There are a couple in Nashville, not sure about Chattanooga or Knoxville.

Edited by EasilyObsessed
grammar > me

Try Earth Fare in Turkey Creek, Knoxville. Walk past the hippies, stay to the right, and walk along the wall to the back where the beer is. They seem to be overpriced on some of it though. If you want to have fun, they have a $.05 tax on giving you a bag, but in TN it is against the law to carry alcohol outside of a store without a bag. Demand your nickel back, take the bag (hey, it's the law), and make the tree huggers cry.

Guest bigsack

in Chattanooga as far as restaurants, taco mac and mellow mushroom have the best selection i know of.

if your wanting to for home consumption, i have several places i like. macks hi-way market in east ridge. the fresh market out by hamilton place, also the world market next to toys-r-us. when you walk in to the world market you'll think "this place don't sell beer; its a house-wares store" but walk towards the back and you will find the good stuff!

i have also found that some bi-lo's have a decent selection.

Guest pjblurton
If you want to have fun, they have a $.05 tax on giving you a bag, but in TN it is against the law to carry alcohol outside of a store without a bag. Demand your nickel back, take the bag (hey, it's the law), and make the tree huggers cry.

So, when I see folks walking out of Wal-Mart with the 24pk suitcase of Bud, they are breaking the law?

Citizens Arrest! Citizens Arrest! Citizens Arrest!

So, when I see folks walking out of Wal-Mart with the 24pk suitcase of Bud, they are breaking the law?

No.Its only for singles,and six packs.!2 packs,cases,and kegs are excluded because they will not "fit" in bags.

Its also illegal for anyone under 18 to sell beer.Keep that in mind next time a kid rings you up a foodline

Guest superslacker

The best beer that I've ever had is called Chimay. There's one kind with a red label, and one with a blue label, they're both very good. It's expensive, but strong, so it doesn't take as much to get just right. It's supposedly made by Belgian monks, but damn it's good!

Yes. As a responsible citizen you should immediately confiscate all of their beer.:up:

Guest num7striker

Col stuff guys. I looked at Leaf & Ales website and that looks like a place where way too much money will be spent. Cigars, booze, AND coffee in the same building? Good thing they don't sell guns :up:... maybe I should put in a suggestion slip. I work at Fresh Market as a summer job and they definitely have a good selection, however some of their markups are ridiculous.. and we couldn't use our discount on booze! Shameful! :devil: