LCP

Just wondering how you guys compared the LCP to the 3AT. I have a 3AT currently and will have one of the new Rugers in a week or 2. I as just trying to decide what to do with the KT. If the Ruger is head and shoulders better i might try and get another one and sell the KT 3AT. If its close i

ll just keep them both.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my little LCP however it is not "head and shoulders" better than the Kel Tec, except maybe in fit and finish. I have not ever shot the little Kel Tec so for all I know it is a better shooter but what the heck, it is just a bug and not my primary carry.

Just wondering how you guys compared the LCP to the 3AT. I have a 3AT currently and will have one of the new Rugers in a week or 2. I as just trying to decide what to do with the KT. If the Ruger is head and shoulders better i might try and get another one and sell the KT 3AT. If its close i

ll just keep them both.

Maybe they'll breed and offspring will be a bigger caliber :screwy:

- OS

Guest tbreed725

I have a P3At myself when i do replace it as a backup it will be with a Kahr pm 9 or 40 for me there's no reason to get a copy of a gun I already have that shoots good for me .

That's amazing! Nearly 500 members and 4,600 posts about one tiny gun that no one can find. The internet is now officially too crowded.

Few words can illustrate how happy I am that someone created that site. LCP snobs are really, really annoying...it keeps the trolls busy enough to stop fogging up other sites.

Guest Rugerman
Few words can illustrate how happy I am that someone created that site. LCP snobs are really, really annoying...it keeps the trolls busy enough to stop fogging up other sites.

Que the usual LCP diehards that hop from site to site and rack up 500 posts in 3 days all about the LCP to register on here and call you dumb....wait for it....wait for it...:up:

Guest eyebedam

Wow so folks a really really really into there LCP. I doubt I will be joing the LCP site though.

I do really lije my LCP. It def feels better in the hand than the Kel-Tec. The Kel-Tec to me just feels cheap. The Ruger feels better in the hand a def looks better IMO. However they both will go bang when you pull the trigger so the decesion is ultimatly up tp you.

Edited by eyebedam
Guest bkelm18

For what its worth, I owned a P3AT and really loved that gun. If I were to ever get another pocket .380, I'd get the Kel-Tec. I've always been satisfied with Kel-Tec's products and their superb customer service, they've earned themselves a loyal customer.

Have the LCP and love it. I've shot several 380's and picked the LCP. Fun little backup in the front pocket and great for that "deep" carry. I've put 200 rounds through mine with no problems. Love it for what it is. (there is my 2 cents)

Guest Rugerman
Have the LCP and love it. I've shot several 380's and picked the LCP. Fun little backup in the front pocket and great for that "deep" carry. I've put 200 rounds through mine with no problems. Love it for what it is. (there is my 2 cents)

I am the same way with my Beretta Tomcat Inox. Great for deep carry, it is what it is. Some LCP owners think they should be range toys that you can send tens of thousands of rounds through and it function flawlessly. Every gun has a niche it fills.:cool:

Guest HexHead
I love my little LCP however it is not "head and shoulders" better than the Kel Tec, except maybe in fit and finish. I have not ever shot the little Kel Tec so for all I know it is a better shooter but what the heck, it is just a bug and not my primary carry.

You're carrying it as a BUG and have never even fired it? Talk about blind faith?

Guest truthsayer

The Kool-Aid is pretty potent on nearly every board dedicated to a single manufacturer or weapon. Luckily, it keeps the fanboys and girls busy posting somewhere else.

Guest canynracer
You're carrying it as a BUG and have never even fired it? Talk about blind faith?

ummm.....:wave:

he carries his LCP....

Guest quickdraw mcgraw

I have both the Ruger LCP and the Kel Tec P3AT. I carry the Kel Tec at work and trust it to shoot everytime. It has never let me down. The LCP is my 2nd gun when I am not at work, the first being a Sig 239 in 40 or a Glock 27. In the dark you cant tell the difference between to two 380's. For the price , I like the Kel Tec. The Ruger seems a little better made though. I would not sell my Kel Tec for the Ruger or vice -versa.

NObama in November !!!!!!! I love my guns too much to vote for Obama / Biden .

I just bought a P3AT two weeks ago, but I really debated between the two. I really wanted HC since it is a carry gun, and I can't get that in the Ruger. Plus, I've read too many issues that Ruger is still having with these. Also, Kel-tec gives a stated lifetime warranty, whereas Ruger has no warranty, which means you are at the mercy of Ruger.

Being as you can't hardly find these, I haven't been able to get hands onto an LCP to see how it feels. I wanted to take a look physically at one, but was never able to do so.

I figure in a couple of years once they get the bugs worked out, are more readily available, the price comes down to normal, and they offer a chrome version, I'll revisit the issue.