My Godfathers

These are perhaps my 3 favorite knives, the Damascus is Chad Nichols Blackout, it is hard to catch its beauty with a photograph. The stainless steel is the custom that I posted about a few months ago, I had Dave make me a different one than the one he was holding for me, I opted to have only stainless steel and no DLC on mine. 

20141102_102242_zps0686c796.jpg

20141102_102210_zpsc910641e.jpg

20141102_102112_zps6aa4d1cf.jpg

Edited by willis68
  • Like 5

Too cool. What are the grip panels made of on that knife on the right?

I recently got a new job where I have the opportunity to make some really good bonus money every now and then. I'm super excited about this Godfather coming in. I think I may also want a Godson to go with it. After I snag a few guns I really want with my play money, I may take part of a bonus and talk to ProTech about making something with some crazy nice flame maple scales. Maybe a blue or teal/aqua stain... I'm a guitar fanatic, and love highly figured maple.

I want a knife to match the second guitar from the right in this pic:
20140618_222820_zpsmbzjwfyf.jpg

I know you've got tons of sweet knives... do you ever get any to match items from your other, maybe non-firearm related, hobbies?

• Like 1
Those are some sweet guitars you have there!

I haven't really got anymore things I collect besides weapons, I am going to in the future get Dave to make me a Carol Shelby / Ford racing knife, I just haven't decided which way or go with it yet Edited by willis68
Coral?! Hot diggity! I never even thought of that as a media for scales! One of my other hobbies is saltwater reef tanks! I don't have one right now, but my last tank had over 70 species of live coral.

Man... you're killin' me... over the years I've sold guns to buy guitars and vice versa... now you'll have me selling guitars and guns to buy knives!

So tell me about the process to make coral into grips... obviously they are shaped and dyed... epoxied? Coral skeletons are hard, but very brittle. I'd be interested to hear about the process used to make them durable.

Coral?! Hot diggity! I never even thought of that as a media for scales! One of my other hobbies is saltwater reef tanks! I don't have one right now, but my last tank had over 70 species of live coral.

Man... you're killin' me... over the years I've sold guns to buy guitars and vice versa... now you'll have me selling guitars and guns to buy knives!

So tell me about the process to make coral into grips... obviously they are shaped and dyed... epoxied? Coral skeletons are hard, but very brittle. I'd be interested to hear about the process used to make them durable.

I am not sure how they do it, but let me tell you it is awesome!  

I am not sure how they do it, but let me tell you it is awesome!  

Without seeing it in person I would guess it's embedded in clear resin. Woodturners frequently use embedded resin to make pen blanks. I've turned embedded pine cones, coffee beans, pasta, etc. Your imagination is your only boundary.

Without seeing it in person I would guess it's embedded in clear resin. Woodturners frequently use embedded resin to make pen blanks. I've turned embedded pine cones, coffee beans, pasta, etc. Your imagination is your only boundary.

Not sure buddy, but it is the nicest knife I have ever owned, including full customs 

Too cool. What are the grip panels made of on that knife on the right?

I recently got a new job where I have the opportunity to make some really good bonus money every now and then. I'm super excited about this Godfather coming in. I think I may also want a Godson to go with it. After I snag a few guns I really want with my play money, I may take part of a bonus and talk to ProTech about making something with some crazy nice flame maple scales. Maybe a blue or teal/aqua stain... I'm a guitar fanatic, and love highly figured maple.

I want a knife to match the second guitar from the right in this pic:
20140618_222820_zpsmbzjwfyf.jpg

I know you've got tons of sweet knives... do you ever get any to match items from your other, maybe non-firearm related, hobbies?

Are those Gibsons or Epi's? My wife works at Gibson corporate office.