22 Short caliber pistol

Shima

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston

Some pistols and rifles are made specifically for the 22 short, like a model of the Walther Olympia, FAS 601 and Hammerli 103. While others are multi calibre like the Marlin 39a and Remington 920 in 22short, long and longrifle.

For revolvers, I've shot shorts in S&W 17's without an issue, so I assume a 617 would be no different. I would further guess just about any .22 revolver chambered in 22lr would have no issues with shorts.

Guest Astra900

I have a JC Higgins Semi auto rifle that shoots shorts, longs or long rifles. You don't see them very often any more, but when you do they can be had pretty reasonable. I think I give $100 for mine about 3 years ago. It's very reliable with shorts and pretty darn accurate!

THe only .22 short pistol I have ever had was an RG, it was the size of my palm and was as dangerous to the shooter as it was to the target. A real POS.

I have from time to time shot shorts out of my MkIII just to try something different. Works just fine, just have to cycle each one by hand.

I had a Beretta 950 or 951 I think it was, they are chambered in either 25 ACP or 22 short. Worked like a champ, but anemic in the power department, so I sold it off.

I shoot them in my Ruger Single six all the time. Just clean the chambers before shooting long rifles again, as the longer cases tend to stick in the crud left by the shorter cases.

It's just like shooting 38s in a 357.

Yep.

Have old H&R pistol, shoots any .22 cartridge.

Also old Remington pump rifle, can even mix short, long, long rifle, handles them all fine.

- OS