Fiocchi Ammo

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with the newer Fiocchi ammo? A buddy of mine that shoots a lot more than I do has been experiencing about 5 FT fires and has has about 10 squib rounds and had to stop and push the bullet out of the barrel. He said he was glad he was not doing speed shooting or he would have damaged his gun and possibly himself. He said he is going to contact Fiocchi about this because it was not contained to just one box of their ammo. He bought 2 new boxes to go to the range and each box had issues.......................... :ugh: :ugh:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Caliber? Bullet weight?

I've shot a fair bit of Fiocchi 9, 40, and 38 with nary a hitch.

9MM and 380 Caliber. I gave him a box of my Fiocchi 380 to try and he went through all 50 rounds with no issues. I bought 800 rounds back about 2 years before the ammo shortage when I found them on sale. I think it may be an issue that has come about with ammo shortages and companies trying to keep up with supply and demand. They maybe having quality control issues due to  trying to full orders..........jmho

Doug, I've had Fiocchi for and used it with no problems for 7 or 8 years now. All was either 9mm, 45, or some 22magnum. All were pretty much flawless, but these were all purchased more than 2 years ago.

All gotten in online purchases in case lots, and all I believe from Ammoman.com. But this was before Ammoman's pricing got to be too high for me.

Doug, I've had Fiocchi for and used it with no problems for 7 or 8 years now. All was either 9mm, 45, or some 22magnum. All were pretty much flawless, but these were all purchased more than 2 years ago.

All gotten in online purchases in case lots, and all I believe from Ammoman.com. But this was before Ammoman's pricing got to be too high for me.

Yea HP, I also bought mine from Ammoman and bought it by the case but it was about 5+ years ago. I did not have any issues with mine and shot about 100 rounds of it through my 2 Bersa's and my Llama with zero issues. My buddy bought the new ammo and that was what he had issues with. I really like the Fiocchi ammo. Seems to be a little hotter than some of the other brands.........jmho

Yes, it does have a little more pep to it. I was told that Fiocchi was loaded to European standards, and is little more than US loads.

I absolutely love the Fiocchi 45. You know you've fired a gun with it.

yep!  I wanted to compare several different brands before i purchased my main stock of it back years ago for my 380's. I tried Wolf, PMC, Remington, Monarch and a couple others and you can see and feel a definite difference when you pull the trigger with Fiocchi. That is why I settled on it when I ordered my stock 5+ years back...............jmho