Any appliance repair guys?

SupaRice

So our Samsung DMT800RHS dishwasher is now not working.....again.....  It won't spray water, doesn't even seem to try (no audible pump sounds failure or otherwise) but if you cancel the wash cycle it will pump all the water out and drains fine. Wife had called the repair company due to having a warranty, to find out that the warranty had expired  oops.gif

Anyway, I wasn't home so I didn't get a chance to talk to the tech... but he said it needs a new "sub sump assembly" (on the quote ticket). Part is listed on the quote at $280.00 +tax + about $200 labor.

I'm fairly handy, cars, computers, all sorts of widgets... Just don't do appliance repair on the regular, but I know how much finesse can be involved....

Looks like maybe this is the part I need?
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Samsung/Dishwasher/DD94-01004A/0022/401/Model-DMT800RHSXAA/1482/0130000

And this is how to access it?
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=13693.msg83076#msg83076

Am I on the right track here? If I'm running into disaster, back me off the ledge.

I'm not scared to get in there and work on that dude, doesn't look terribly difficult. What am I in for here?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.... appliances are pretty simple.  The hard part usually is just getting it apart without breaking anything else.  From what you describe, I'd remove that pump and check it carefully before I ordered the new part.  Could be jammed with debris or have a broken wire or switch.  Something easily fixed without spending $150 on a part. 

Edited by peejman

Go to Marcon Parts on the corner of Fesslers and Elm Hill, part will be less money, Amazon has it for 150 dollars.

Marcone Supply
883 Elm Hill Pike
Nashville, TN 37210

(615) 256-3647

Call a head to see if they have it.

Fix it your self, save money to buy your wife dinner and some ammo. :yum: