1. 1. Do you belong the the NRA?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to reup.

I kind of had bad feelings toward them after this election,never seen one NRA ad on the election.Nothing like the last one,NRA was all over that one.

Plus the big thing that bothered me was I got mailings to renew my membership from the first week I joined,at least wait until the membership is 7 or 8 months old to start sending them.Hardly ever got any of the magazines.

Still its about all we have and I do believe they do alot on the inside that is never seen.

I need to reup.

I kind of had bad feelings toward them after this election,never seen one NRA ad on the election.Nothing like the last one,NRA was all over that one.

Plus the big thing that bothered me was I got mailings to renew my membership from the first week I joined,at least wait until the membership is 7 or 8 months old to start sending them.Hardly ever got any of the magazines.

Still its about all we have and I do believe they do alot on the inside that is never seen.

Didn't see any ads in Tennessee eh? dang I have heard that a lot . Yeah what the NRA should have done is wasted a couple million $ in Tennessee running ads in a state that was wrapped to make folks feel good instead of trying to make a difference in some key swing states. They didnt win all of those swing states as a lot was stacked against them, but they did win in a number of them. Won because they didn't waste their money. This isn't 20 years ago where you blanket every where. Now technology allows for better more efficient use of funds and better targeting. I personally couldnt care less that they didnt run any ads in Tennessee. I'd rather they spend money where it is needed. Tennessee was wrapped up.

NRA member, Instructor, Coach, RSO, etc, etc

++++++ a zillion on the motion to promote the TFA

It appears to me that John Harris and the folks over there do more to help us locally ride herd on the laws that make it happen in our back yard. I don't see a lot of wasted time, money and effort going on at that level.

Everyone needs to jump in and grab a shovel LOCALLY...grow where you're planted, every tub sits on its own bottom, think globally act locally...and all that.....:blush:

Guest Phantom6
Didn't see any ads in Tennessee eh? dang I have heard that a lot . Yeah what the NRA should have done is wasted a couple million $ in Tennessee running ads in a state that was wrapped to make folks feel good instead of trying to make a difference in some key swing states. They didnt win all of those swing states as a lot was stacked against them, but they did win in a number of them. Won because they didn't waste their money. This isn't 20 years ago where you blanket every where. Now technology allows for better more efficient use of funds and better targeting. I personally couldnt care less that they didnt run any ads in Tennessee. I'd rather they spend money where it is needed. Tennessee was wrapped up.

Warbird is correct. I do a lot of work with the Anderson County Republican Committee and I can tell you that there was minimal effort made by the RNC in Tennessee because Tennessee was in the bag AGAINST Obama. There were many voters miffed about the fact that they didn't see the number of McCain-Palin TV ads they thought they ought to see or they couldn't get all the yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. they wanted but this state's needs didn't warrant the expendature. The NRA works in the same manner. This state did it's job as far as gun issues were concerned. The NRA worked long and hard getting out the message of "Protect Your 2nd Amendment Rights" in other states. Unfortuntely some misguided folks expecting their president to take care of their house payments, car payments, etc. didn't care about their or our rights to keep and bear arms. Change my a$$! Yeah, there's been change. Now more money than ever is going to be wasted by Washington and our God given rights are going to be assailed and attempt to be curtailed by those freakin' fools. Sadly, without strong political work, backbone and brave resistance by everyone including members of the presidents own party we may see another civil war in this country.

As for me, I'm stocking up on "provisions", preparing for the worst while working hard which includes contributing what I can in time effort and money to organizations like the NRA, TFA, JPFO and others plus praying for the best.

Guest HexHead

How many of you NRA members signed up for the TN NRA license plate?

I inquired not long ago how it was coming as I signed up and sent in the $35 as soon as it was offered and got this reply...

"Thanks for contacting NRA-ILA. We are still working on getting the 900 signatures for the NRA TN License Plate. We still are allowed a little more time to get the signatures we need; however, to be honest, the signatures are coming in slowly. NRA will do another drive and hopefully succeed. If we are unable to get the signatures we need, NRA will refund your money.

Please let us know if you have further questions, and as always, we appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Krista Cupp

NRA-ILA Grassroots Division"

Come on guys, STEP UP!

I'll tell them to keep my $35 as a donation if the plate doesn't get issued. The $35 for the plate goes to young shooter education programs.

I like the NRA and will continue to be a member. But I just signed up in October and ever month since I have been getting renewal request. They could save a little money by at least waiting 8-9 months then send them out. Should I expect this every month that I am a member?

Guest malbolja

M&PC9-

There is a type of membership (I forget what they call it) where they don't send you all the "junk mail". Call member services and ask about it.

M&PC9-

There is a type of membership (I forget what they call it) where they don't send you all the "junk mail". Call member services and ask about it.

I will look into it.

Guest David Waldrip

Just a friendly reminder to ask your friends and fellow gun owners to click on this image that rotates through the TGO banner ads:

ai.php?filename=iygr_banner.gif&contenttype=gif

Their joining through that banner and link helps me to pay Tungsten for the ad......:(.

If each of us gets a friend to join, we double our forces.

-David

Guest unreconstructed1

regardless of what I feel are major deficiencies in the NRAs methods, I have decided to join and will be doing so very soon. The NRA is undoubtedly the largest pro 2A group in existence, and likewise the most powerful.

as for the license plate, already have SCV plates on everything...

Guest Crunchman

The 3 folks on my recruiting team signed up 180 new NRA members, last weekend! 7 Life, 5 Junior, the rest 1 and 2 year memberships. Most came in wanting to join, a few had to hear the speech about the beneits of being a NRA member.

DC vs Heller........ "The case involved groups for and against expanded gun rights. The National Rifle Association (NRA) was initially not supportive of the case because it feared it might not be successful. The NRA later reconciled with the plaintiffs."

National Rifle Association

(Heller) Attorney Alan Gura, in a 2003 filing, used the term "sham litigation" to describe the NRA's attempts to have Parker (aka Heller) consolidated with its own case challenging the D.C. law. Gura also stated that "the NRA was adamant about not wanting the Supreme Court to hear the case".<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-42>[43]</SUP> These concerns were based on NRA lawyers' assessment that the justices at the time the case was filed might reach an unfavorable decision.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-43>[44]</SUP> Cato Institute senior fellow Robert Levy, co-counsel to the Parker plaintiffs, has stated that the Parker plaintiffs "faced repeated attempts by the NRA to derail the litigation."<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-44>[45]</SUP> He also stated that "The N.R.A.’s interference in this process set us back and almost killed the case. It was a very acrimonious relationship." <SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-45>[46]</SUP>

Wayne LaPierre, the NRA's chief executive officer, confirmed the NRA's misgivings. "There was a real dispute on our side among the constitutional scholars about whether there was a majority of justices on the Supreme Court who would support the Constitution as written," Mr. LaPierre said. Both Levy and LaPierre said the NRA and Mr. Levy's team were now on good terms.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-46>[47]</SUP>

Elaine McArdle wrote in the Harvard Law Bulletin: "If Parker is the long-awaited "clean" case, one reason may be that proponents of the individual-rights view of the Second Amendment—including the National Rifle Association, which filed an amicus brief in the case—have learned from earlier defeats, and crafted strategies to maximize the chances of Supreme Court review." The NRA did eventually support the litigation by filing an amicus brief with the Court arguing that the plaintiffs in Parker had standing to sue and that the D.C. ban was unconstitutional under the Second Amendment.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-McArdle_47-0>[48]</SUP>

Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, had indicated support of federal legislation which would repeal the D.C. gun ban. Opponents of the legislation argued that this would have rendered the Parker case moot, and would have effectively eliminated the possibility that the case would be heard by the Supreme Court.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-48>[49]</SUP>

Immediately after the Supreme Court's ruling, the NRA filed a lawsuit against the city of Chicago over its handgun ban, followed the next day by a lawsuit against the city of San Francisco over its ban of handguns in public housing.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-49>[50]..........................................................</SUP>

<SUP></SUP>

<SUP>I will probably join, but if I hear of any more crap like this I will terminate my membership and they will not get one more dime of my money!</SUP>

<SUP></SUP>

<SUP>KW</SUP>