MCTS Indoors - Nashville Armory

I knew what you meant. My reply was tongue in cheek really.

The thing is, we are a pretty small community, and like all small groups there are times when people get frustrated with others. But it is how we work through those things that defines how we grow. There is always a way to defuse things, but if you want to guarantee it blows up even more try and marginalize a person or silence them without true discourse. Because then it festers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way to diffuse things, friend, would be to ask these sorts of questions in private.  There is no reason to have this discourse in a public forum.  And, for the record, I'd agree that no explanation is owed to the mass public or friends of the former MDs......

Seems to me this whole thing could have avoided with a simple "NA has chose to change match management and we are happy to be helping them. There are no hard feelings on either side".  

As for the whole your not a MCTS member and therefore don't count aspect, the people who regularly shoot the matches wherever the venue is certainly have a right to know what is going on with the venue especially a change in Match Direction. There no better way to stunt the growth of a venue/club/range than to make the people who travel to come out and shoot your matches every month, who aren't members of the host club feel like they aren't respected and not appreciated and that you just want their $10 or $15 a month. 

I shoot IDPA at 2 clubs of which I am a member of neither. I don't feel entitled to know the inter-workings and decisions of the host club but I damn well do feel entitled to a polite and straight answer on issues that concern the IDPA Action Pistol of the club because I support them with my time, work and money. IDPA is a volunteer driven sport and a good attitude goes a long way.

• Like 3

Guys,

I am totally neutral on this issue as I have never shot with any of your clubs, groups, or public matches of any kind. I have no affiliation with any of you nor with Nashville Armory. So far in my life I have done all of my shooting on private land, private clubs, and setup my own matches and games for friends. As a veteran instructor with 7 certifications, I have taught hundreds of new shooters including folks from age 8 to 82, different ethnic backgrounds, races, countries, and varying skill levels from physically handicapped to advanced military and LEO shooters.

When I saw the first post in this thread I subscribed to it, intending only to watch it and perhaps learn a bit more about the types of competitive shooting which are going on locally, and in particular at the Nashville Armory, primarily because I have been mentoring a few teens for several years and they are just now graduating from my program and shipping out to special forces careers in the Air Force and Navy. So while I have done a lot to teach them to shoot, gunsmith, compete, and even become some of the youngest certified instructors in the nation, I was considering bringing them down to Nashville Armory or a similar local club to get the experience of shooting and competing with a wider audience of the general public, much like they will soon be doing in the service.

After seeing some of the responses in this thread, I want to let you know that this bickering does not reflect positively on any of the participants, their clubs, or the facility as a whole, so I will avoid bringing those kids down (or referring my other students) if this is the kind of atmosphere they can expect at such events.

I am sure everyone in this thread (and every TGO member) is a nice, decent person with good intent, yet none of us are perfect either. For anyone with grievances, complaints, or issues: my suggestion would be for you to meet with each other and/or Nashville Armory in person to discuss and resolve, ideally in private, and to be professional and supportive, also flexible and open to bend a little. That would go a long way to preserving and growing our shooting sports, rather than turning folks off and encouraging them to continue shooting elsewhere.

Just my $0.02 which I know was unnecessary and likely unwanted, but as a person that had been looking to invest and steer others to your cause, I felt compelled to let you know how it looks from the sidelines. Best of luck to all of you in finding a resolution and continuing to enjoy what you are passionate about.

IF  you think this is bad you should see what we do on the open Facebook Group....... :rofl:

If you're going to let 1 thread on 1 forum be the basis for wither or not you try something new you're going to miss out on a lot of fun. You're basically letting the poor attitude of a few people decide knock you out of a great sport.  If you did you shoot IDPA you'd know that 98% this stuff says off the range. I've had a knock down drag out with a major bullet manufacturer on facebook then the next weekend we were at the same match and conducted ourselves like gentlemen as far as our little tiff went. Besides I don't shoot in Mid/West TN that much and East Tenn doesn't have much drama at all.

what time will the matches be run?

Matches will start at 6pm to catch people right after work in the area. That should be plenty of time to get there when most people get off at 5pm. If you can't make it right at 6pm, we will still take entries and put them at the bottom of the shooting order. Some stages may be completed by the time some will get there and if they are torn down for the next ones, then they will have to be DNF. We will be using the pistol bay side. We will no longer need to use the classroom area. Safe area will be on the bay itself and monitored.

Anyone going tomorrow night? It's been awhile since I embarrassed myself in public, think I'll give it a try.

Dont think of it as embarrassing oneself. Always take away positives from each experience as a learning tool. Love to have you there. Most of TEAM MCTS will be there and some regular members, they or anyone will be happy to help. Plan on 5 stages tomorrow night.

I plan to be there, don't everyone get too excited. FTE, I have my own special sun dial I bring to keep up with my time. No one has made fun of me yet. I just hope it works indoors.

No worries about the time needed, I haven't seen any one will that had the audacity to make fun of others' shooting ability. Everyone starts off new and then depending on how much time they practice, will get better and comfortable with their weapon. Most important thing is to be safe and have fun, laughter is encourage. Going to test every aspect you need for sanctioned matches(if you are inclined to participate in them).

Yes sir, but if you don't have something we can find you something to wear.

I've got it covered.......

Get it? ;)

I'll be here all week. See you tonight.

• Like 1

Good night to gauge the surroundings.  Look for 5-6 stages for 15 shooters 4-5 for 15 plus in the future.  A lot of questions in the beginning and some late people, we will get this streamlined ASAP.  Andy even came by and gave me a hug and reinforced our discussion earlier this week.  He loves me more than you Toby.....LOL

Scores:  https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=2B99035E-A9FB-469A-B706-F0DEC77639F0&page=matchCombined