Any classes on building your own AR15's?

I am new to gunsmithing and actually not good with tools or anything handy.  I saw in the past a few classes in Knoxville where you go through building your own AR15 and what parts to look for and stuff.  Do any of these classes exist in or around Nashville?

Thanks from a newbie : )

Step 1:  Buy a stripped lower receiver, a mag block, and a rifle kit from Palmetto State Armory (they have one right now for $299) you will also need magazines and an optic or iron sites.  This is EVERYTHING you will need to complete this gun, the only other needed item is ammo.

Step 2: After you have all of these items search Youtube for videos about assembling an Ar-15, trust me there are plenty.  

Tool wise you will need a punch set, some small  needle nose pliers, Allen wrenches, and a vise.

One of the best schools on the planet...

Intro

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11014/learn/

Index to all the videos...

http://www.brownells.com/GunTech/how-to-build-an-ar/index.htm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This if you want to do it all on your own. Like gomer said if you want to come to the boro i have the tools and a work bench Edited by raildog

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.