Clarksville Meet and Greet

Had a good time, and learned a lo too. I got a lot of practice unjamming the 300 BO. Only using Magpul Mags for it from now on and will never buy Gamtec ammo again. Special thanks to Ron for sparing some ammo that will feed and cycle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

had fun burned up a bunch of ammo more over on the pistol range ( not metal ) and over on the rifle range, glad I could help Ted out with loads I had to get his pistol working.  Still need to work on mine, but got the carbine zeroed in AGAIN hopefully it stays that way through rifle season, but will check it again before we go out.  So it sounds like we need another range day. 

Had a good time, and learned a lo too. I got a lot of practice unjamming the 300 BO. Only using Magpul Mags for it from now on and will never buy Gamtec ammo again. Special thanks to Ron for sparing some ammo that will feed and cycle!

Had a good time too, even with my lead sled I can feel the effects from over 50 rounds of .308. Don't be in a rush to dump the GEMTECH, just dropped it into the gauge and it dropped on in with no issues. Fixing to measure the OAL to see what that gives.
Gauge:
d5844b273f31103462831ca832865b2f.jpg
3b2c9e9a0a81fadbf55f332e58b3e720.jpg
f0edfd85b38ce45a250b69bc26edd3a7.jpg

OAL:
7fd5970a1ccd5ea8077e5646747cabd1.jpg
834ba982d09c845f79429607131c412e.jpg

Looks like it may a combination of OAL and maybe your chamber, it dropped right into my spare barrel. Edited by Omega
  • Like 1

I'm going to get some dummies, see if I have the same problem with them as the gemtech.

Let me check both in my pistol, I may of dropped the shorter one and not the longer one in my spare barrel.

OK, tried it in both my pistol and my rifle and both rounds chamber and eject fine. There were slight land marks just before the ogive but just slight, no sign it was forced in. Maybe a chamber cast is in order to see if you have a short throat or tight chamber. Edited by Omega