Well a funny thing happened while I was out today...

1) nice 20... when we went to Alaska 2 years ago I tried to find a gen 4 20 but they were nowhere to be found. Settled for a 29 which is nice and shoots well but I still pine for a full-size. Maybe one day.

2) growing up in Chattanooga in the late 70's you got used to seeing a lot of Michigan plates on cars headed south for vacation. Some enterprising sort had a bunch of bumper stickers made that said: "would the last person from Michigan please turn out the lights"

3) had several friends date and marry girls from the upper Midwest. You could always tell who they were at parties. The southern girls all had wine coolers or some fur-fru drink. The girls from up north? Bourbon, scotch, sometimes with a coke, usually straight up. I always found that cool...

Have fun with the new toys, Mark

I'm aching to fire that 20. I love my 29 but I know that 20 is gonna be my new EDC. I can feel it. I admit there's tons of Michigan a holes, but there's also some rad ones! As for the girls drinking hooch. Where I come from winter is 6 months minimum and all you have is snow, hockey, skiing or sledding. None are fun unless you're drunk and you stay warmer longer! ;-)
  • Like 1

I'm aching to fire that 20. I love my 29 but I know that 20 is gonna be my new EDC. I can feel it. I admit there's tons of Michigan a holes, but there's also some rad ones! As for the girls drinking hooch. Where I come from winter is 6 months minimum and all you have is snow, hockey, skiing or sledding. None are fun unless you're drunk and you stay warmer longer! ;-)

If youre going to carry it Id suggest getting a custom leather holster. Tried it in a Serpa style OWB and it didnt feel right.

Some dude on FB is selling a Gen 4 FDE 21 and I dont have 600 :((( need to sell a gun tomorrow! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If youre going to carry it Id suggest getting a custom leather holster. Tried it in a Serpa style OWB and it didnt feel right.

Some dude on FB is selling a Gen 4 FDE 21 and I dont have 600 :((( need to sell a gun tomorrow! Lol

Trust me, after what I spent today, I get it! 2 guns, 200 rounds of target .45, 100 rounds of target 10mm and 60 rounds of SD, I get it!

As for the new guns, I'm feeling like there's gonna be a few holsters tried. I'm going to expierement with my CanCan and see what drawing is like from it. I've always been a IWB user, so OWB would be new and I don't know how comfortable I will be with that. So at that point it might be my EDC backup to my 29?!? Time to try and expierement!

Trust me, after what I spent today, I get it! 2 guns, 200 rounds of target .45, 100 rounds of target 10mm and 60 rounds of SD, I get it!

As for the new guns, I'm feeling like there's gonna be a few holsters tried. I'm going to expierement with my CanCan and see what drawing is like from it. I've always been a IWB user, so OWB would be new and I don't know how comfortable I will be with that. So at that point it might be my EDC backup to my 29?!? Time to try and expierement!

The only thing to get over for me was how fat it was. At least that was my excuse, I got small hands for a dude. Granted my first 21 got scrapped because of the stupid Trijicon night sights.

For IWB I am not to sure, never found a holster comfortable enough for me. So I dont want to guide you wrong

• Like 1

The only thing to get over for me was how fat it was. At least that was my excuse, I got small hands for a dude. Granted my first 21 got scrapped because of the stupid Trijicon night sights.

For IWB I am not to sure, never found a holster comfortable enough for me. So I dont want to guide you wrong

look up a cancan concealment. It's a girl product but I have the shebang. It's made for full size weapons. I might try it just to see if it can work. If not then it's holster hunting. Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500

I hate jewelry. I do however love the feeling of spending money on really useful items. I took these over to my friends tonight and she looked at me like I was insane. Personally I think I am totally wonderful and perfectly sane, I could just care less about girly crap that has no use.

How much would you charge me to come over and talk some sense into my wife? She won't listen to me.

• Like 1

How much would you charge me to come over and talk some sense into my wife? She won't listen to me.

LOL I don't know how to answer that. To her, I could be the weirdo who prefers her jewelry to be labeled Glock. Poor Monkey doesn't know it yet but I also really like the name Dan Wesson as well and the shop has a beautiful 1911 in that is calling to me all the way out where we live. I mean if he has a Les Baer then I should have a Dan Wesson. Right? 

See? Your wife would think I am nuts for preferring what I do over a beautiful white gold ring or diamond stud earrings. But I know I am not the only woman in the world who feels this way. I think I said this the other day. Make range time fun, find a gun that she really likes, that feels amazing in her hands and makes her comfortable and there ya have it. That's what it took for me. I hated the first gun I shot. It was a revolver that Monkey had. It was so small and stubby feeling in my hand that I was totally uncomfortable. The next gun I shot, my SA 1911 lovingly called "Black Betty" was so comfortable it felt like it was a part of my hand. I never looked back after that although I will say that my obsessions as of late are clearly Glocks. Which is boring and "ugly" to some, but for me, there is something to be admired in the simple things. 

Congratulations on the new purchases.  I am not a Glock fan but know that they are good, solid, reliable firearms.  Glad you and your vehicle came away unscathed even if your wallet didn't.

If you read a few of the feeds there are a few comments from time to time of people being sick of the Michigan people coming down here and ruining things.. lol I try to be a duck and let it slide off my back but deep down, I'm still the girl who grew up on Lake Michigan. Sometimes it cuts a little deep. :surrender:  :rofl:

I think maybe there is some misunderstanding.  Not everyone from Michigan (or other points north of civilization the Mason-Dixon line :pleased: ) who comes to the South is 'ruining' things.  At least that is how I see it.  It is the folks who move (or especially retire) here just for the lower taxes, etc. and then do everything they can to try and turn Tennessee into Michigan, etc. thereby destroying the very reasons they supposedly moved here in the first place - the ones who are constantly telling us Southerners how much better they did things 'back home' (their words, I swear.)  Yes, I have been told exactly that by a retiree from the North.  Somehow - what with all the Tahoe swerving, gun buying, Bronco restoring and so on - I don't get the feeling that you fit into that category.  Heck, based just on what I have read in your posts I'd say that at this point you are probably more 'Southern' than some folks who were born here.

Edited by JAB

Congratulations on the new purchases. I am not a Glock fan but know that they are good, solid, reliable firearms. Glad you and your vehicle came away unscathed even if your wallet didn't.

I think maybe there is some misunderstanding. Not everyone from Michigan (or other points north of civilization the Mason-Dixon line :pleased: ) who comes to the South is 'ruining' things. At least that is how I see it. It is the folks who move (or especially retire) here just for the lower taxes, etc. and then do everything they can to try and turn Tennessee into Michigan, etc. thereby destroying the very reasons they supposedly moved here in the first place - the ones who are constantly telling us Southerners how much better they did things 'back home' (their words, I swear.) Yes, I have been told exactly that by a retiree from the North. Somehow - what with all the Tahoe swerving, gun buying, Bronco restoring and so on - I don't get the feeling that you fit into that category. Heck, based just on what I have read in your posts I'd say that at this point you are probably more 'Southern' than some folks who were born here.

My family tells me that every time I talk to them. In fact my cousin just recently, lovingly called me a hateful racist because of my views on the Syrian Refugees. He's a hardcore, Hilliary loving, union supporting dude. I don't judge him, but yet I am very judged for the things I say. It's comical to me, but my 14 years here, 6 with Monkey have changed me in ways that no one needs to approve other then me. I like me, I like my views/beliefs and I'm damn proud of my growth in area of firearms. Thanks to a patient husband. So I won't be a snowbird, I promise. Also, if they're from the mitten state, call them a Troll if they're not from the U.P. that really makes them happy! ;)

So Instead of popping up a new thread and wasting space I just thought I would show her here.

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_0576_zpsiyvppu93.jpg.html]IMG_0576_zpsiyvppu93.jpg[/URL]

This is her while she was at the LGS being put together. One of the guys there is really great and actually offered to help us put her together because he is much faster at it.

And then this is a pic of her once I got her home and put the sling on. Super important addition for me. But this is the TGO upper and lower that monkey joined in on and lucky for me, he decided to use it for a build that could suit me.

[URL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/predsgirl33/media/IMG_0582_zpshpczsmrq.jpg.html]IMG_0582_zpshpczsmrq.jpg[/URL]

I am beyond happy with the way she turned out. In love actually.

Beautimous! Is that the 20" YHM diamond fluted barrel? If so, what twist? I am strongly considering that for a future build. I would really like to hear how it shoots.

Thing looks great! Congrats!

Thanks! It's actually a Faxon 20" Flame Fluted Barrel. It's a 1:8 twist. I haven't had a chance to shoot her yet, once I do I will let you know. I went with it after we had an issue with the 16" barrel I chose because of the adjustable gas block. Because I had to go 20" and have more of the barrel show, I chose this one. It was also recommended by one of the guys at the shop who recently did a build with one.

• 3 weeks later...