Sight Options for Zastava M92 PAP

JohnC

Most do a red dot by changing to a railed top cover on fore end, or drilling and/or tapping dust cover for one of several add on rails, several makers.  Also, TWS  makes a railed replacement dust cover that locks in better than the stock one, supposed to not vary like normal one.  They also make a peep sight, but you still I think need their dust cover to mount it. (http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/product-p/32316.htm)

Here's just one thread in arfcom section, if you look around in that section you can find more.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/159777_What_s_the_most_solid_way_to_mount_a_red_dot_on_the_M92_Pap_.html

Also, if you can find it, Dolo made a custom peep from the existing sight on one he had for awhile, using a steel washer or similar.  I couldn't find it right off maybe he'll chime in.

I decided to just live with mine for a while, probably for good -- one thing, did you black out the white number and dots on it? That helps a lot actually. Some also file it into more of a V notch.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I guess if I cared enough to optimize the thing, I'd go with the TWS "Dog Leg" cover with peep, whether I used another optic or not.

TWS32316_1.jpg

Reviews say it's good and solid the way it latches in,  doesn't change when popping cover open and closed:

32316-5.jpg?1416760142

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I know cowitnessing may not be a big factor for you, but if you're like me cheek weld is. The Midwest industries handguard and optic specific top covers were the only option I could find to get a good cheek weld, and a bonus is cowitness, or at least being able to use irons through the optic. With a regular railed top cover the optic was too high for me to get a decent cheek weld. This is on a Saiga, but same concept. They make a top half for a Burris fast fire, RMR, etc. if you were interested in that.
ce466af2ce9085eda834dac3df22496b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by KKing
I'm a big fan of the TWS and the minute they released it for the M92, I got one. I have them on all my other AK's. Much better than the stock m92 cover.
Get Kel-Tecs peep sight for the SU-16. Windage adjustable and half the cost of the TWS. It also co witnesses (lower 1/3) with some optics. I run mine with a Burris FastFire III.
  • Like 2

I'm a big fan of the TWS and the minute they released it for the M92, I got one. I have them on all my other AK's. Much better than the stock m92 cover.
Get Kel-Tecs peep sight for the SU-16. Windage adjustable and half the cost of the TWS. It also co witnesses (lower 1/3) with some optics. I run mine with a Burris FastFire III.

Good tip there, the mention of the cheaper and better Kel-Tec peep is actually making me lean toward doing this next time I can blow off some bucks on something I really don't need at all. :)

It would look pretty cool on this baby though, I admit, and I'd probably even be able to hit a certain part of a pie plate instead of just the plate period (most of the time), as the rear sight really is pretty crummy. :)

PAP-SBX-open.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Good tip there, the mention of the cheaper and better Kel-Tec peep is actually making me lean toward doing this next time I can blow off some bucks on something I really don't need at all. :)

It would look pretty cool on this baby though, I admit, and I'd probably even be able to hit a certain part of a pie plate instead of just the plate period (most of the time), as the rear sight really is pretty crummy. :)

PAP-SBX-open.jpg

- OS

The factory rear sight is worse than crummy. If you hold it out like a pistol, good luck hitting much. I did ok in the indoor range with it. But outdoors, I was just wasting ammo. lol

That pica-tinny top cover seems like it would work out well with a small red-dot optic!

Thanks for the help, all.

- OS

Kel-Tec makes two. The polymer version is real cheap and then they have the aluminum version which is what I always get.

AL version $27 - SKU# SU16B-365

Polymer versions $3 SKU# SU16-230

I think y'all just cost me some cash and it will be more than 3 dollars worth....

I had added the short rail to the top cover and it turned out good but the long rail now offered is really nice and offers up more options.

[URL=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/teecro/media/20150214_153737.jpg.html]20150214_153737.jpg[/URL]

Edited by teecro
  • Like 1