Victims rights advocate?

K191145

Okay it's been 6 months since May when my brothers house was broken in to and several guns were stolen in Cheatham County. Metro caught the pieces of human sh!t a day or so after for an attempted murder in Bellvue, the day before they broke into my brothers house so they didn't use any of his guns in that crime. Metro has his guns but they don't need them for evidence in the Metro crime and it's been 6 months already and when my brother contacts them he says they get irritated with him bugging them. So now I guess it's time to get someone who can help or pressure them to get his personal property back since obviously they don't give a crap about his property. Just wondering if there is someone to contact before he has to spend money on some lawyer, I told him to talk to the Cheatham Co. DA since the break in happened in Cheatham. If he can't or wont help we will go the next step I guess and talk to a lawyer friend of his. 

He would need to contact Metro property section about his property. If it was only recovered from being stolen versus taken as evidence and the charge is pending should't be that hard. The victims advocate person works for the courts so they don't have jack to do with it. More or less those positions created to give victims somebody to talk to without hassling the district attorney and it makes the DA's office seem like they care. Edited by Pain103

He would need to contact Metro property section about his property. If it was only recovered from being stolen versus taken as evidence and the charge is pending should't be that hard. The victims advocate person works for the courts so they don't have jack to do with it. More or less those positions created to give victims somebody to talk to without hassling the district attorney and it makes the DA's office seem like they care.

don't know who he has been talking to at Metro, i'll ask him if that's who he talked to that gets irritated with him. I see no reason why they need his guns in Metro, the punks are charged with attempted murder in Metro the day before so his guns are not a factor in that case. The only thing that I can see is if they want an additional charge, if they had felony records and caught in possession of firearms. Still they shouldn't need the actual guns, photo's are good enough.

Chip Cain would be the guy to call.

Is he a lawyer or Metro P.D.?

Edit: Okay I googled and he's a lawyer in Franklin, i'll tell my brother his name, doesn't hurt or cost to call and inquire.

Edited by K191145

Is he a lawyer or Metro P.D.?

Edit: Okay I googled and he's a lawyer in Franklin, i'll tell my brother his name, doesn't hurt or cost to call and inquire.

He's also a sponsor here on the board. So you could just send him a PM. Edited by Sam1

I suspect your brother's eventually going to be told the defendant's were also charged with being in possession of stolen property if Metro PD knew said guns were stolen. It makes no difference on the property being released unless one of the firearms was used in the commision of another crime.

Your brother needs to take a copy of the police report from his break in with him and have a sit down, face to face meeting with the supervisor of the prosicuting officer. Present a synopisis of all current conversations and ask why the firearms haven't been returned to him.

Make sure this is done in a professional, cordial manner and also mention he is unhappy with the confusion to date. Casualy drop an attornies name whom he has already spoken with and request that attorney follow up with a letter. He's either going to be told why the guns haven't been returned yet or have them returned.

One additional thing, if the parties in question were charged with possession of stolen guns or felon's in possession of firearms and your brothers guns were listed a judge will have to sign off on their release.

• Like 2

I suspect your brother's eventually going to be told the defendant's were also charged with being in possession of stolen property if Metro PD knew said guns were stolen. It makes no difference on the property being released unless one of the firearms was used in the commision of another crime.

Your brother needs to take a copy of the police report from his break in with him and have a sit down, face to face meeting with the supervisor of the prosicuting officer. Present a synopisis of all current conversations and ask why the firearms haven't been returned to him.

Make sure this is done in a professional, cordial manner and also mention he is unhappy with the confusion to date. Casualy drop an attornies name whom he has already spoken with and request that attorney follow up with a letter. He's either going to be told why the guns haven't been returned yet or have them returned.

One additional thing, if the parties in question were charged with possession of stolen guns or felon's in possession of firearms and your brothers guns were listed a judge will have to sign off on their release.

Thanks, do you mind if I copy and paste what you said to him in an email?