16 ga. ammo

I have a friend of mine that has a Stevens single shot 16 ga. and he can not find any 16ga shotgun shells for it. Where can he buy 16ga ammo for it and how much? He is thinking about selling it if he cannot find any ammo for it. Thanks, Charles

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he checked at Wal-Mart and they did not have they did not have any. We were at Gander Mountain Thurs. and he said he checked the price on their 16 ga ammo and it was almost $30.00 a box. I will tell him to check Academy and Dicks. Thanks for the replies, Charles

He said he checked at Wal-Mart and they did not have they did not have any. We were at Gander Mountain Thurs. and he said he checked the price on their 16 ga ammo and it was almost $30.00 a box. I will tell him to check Academy and Dicks. Thanks for the replies, Charles

We didn't mention the price, only the availability :usa:

But, ouch, that's really high, even considering Gander Mountain as source.

- OS

Dick's sporting goods is about the only place around Knoxville that has them for a decent price. I also got a 16 gage recently and fixed it up, then found out a box of shells from Walmart cost $16. Wow. Then I got one of those crazy ammo coupons for Dick's and went in there. I really don't think they are any good with how they stock or sell ammo and their policies and prices are all over the place...but they DO HAVE 16 GA AMMO. It is normally around $5.98 a box (of 25). I can not find low brass...Dick's has #6 and #7.5 shot, but it is high brass. It makes the gun kick like a mule, and this one doesn't have a recoil pad. So, I don't shoot it much anyway, but if you want 16 gage ammo, Dick's has it. Just be prepared for a blue and purple shoulder from shooting the high brass. I think that 16 gage kicks more than my 12's. Later, B

the walmarts in Chattanooga seem to have enough shotgun ammo for now. a case of 12ga is $52 (10 boxes of 25 rounds) and 16ga was around $58/60.

the $30 bucks a box for 16 ga was either gouging or special stuff (must be gold plated! :))

the shelves just have not been restocked since the election scare. :rolleyes: